What's new

Dog food bowl as shaving bowl?

So, I was browsing through a web site just for fun. I found these collapsible silicone bowls for $6 each. They have serious nubs on the bottom to agitate the lather. I watched a YouTube video to see how it works.

A similar video popped up that shows an identical bowl, but it was bought from Amazon. That bowl was listed as a portable dog food bowl, but he was using it as a shaving bowl. Amazon was selling it as a two pack for $6.

I ordered them and have to say I’m impressed! Produced lots of lather very quickly. I’ve been using a Fine Accoutrements bowl for years, but this worked much faster.

Here’s a pic of the bowls.
proxy.php

Brother Knight,

Do you have a dog? You should discuss this with your dog, not your shaving friends.

However, I would prefer a "professional" shaving mug or bowl, new or vintage. Shaving from a doggy dish would not do much to enhance my self-esteem.

Brother Knight,

Do you have a dog? You should discuss this with your dog, not your shaving friends.

However, I would prefer a "professional" shaving mug or bowl, new or vintage. Shaving from a doggy dish would not do much to enhance my self-esteem.

Yes, I do have a dog and she gave her blessing. [emoji23][emoji23]

I love my traditional shaving bowl for sure, but this seems to produce better lather, at for me.

Also, it is being sold as a shaving bowl on a well known shave site.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Great little bowls. Work well when you travel as they collapse flat for packing. Those nubs really raise a boatload of lather.

I have one without nubs as a travel bowl. Afaik stirling sold these with nubs as wel.
both perform very good and the non slip surface is nice to use.

Stirling sells those for $6. I got one for kicks, and it works quite well. I usually face lather otherwise I’d probably have picked up a Captains Choice copper by now, but when the bowl lathering mood strikes, it does the job.

Stirling sells those for $6. I got one for kicks, and it works quite well. I usually face lather otherwise I’d probably have picked up a Captains Choice copper by now, but when the bowl lathering mood strikes, it does the job.
The Captain’s copper bowl is very nice. It’s larger than most bowls, but still fits in my hand nicely. The sides are made do that lather doesn’t try to climb out and over the lip.

Yep, that’s where I first saw it.

I bought 2 of them from a seller on Ebay (from Ohio) who has all 8 colors. This is the only seller who has all of the available colors. They are 2 for 12.99, including shipping in the US. I bought them for traveling, since they collapse and only weigh a couple of ounces. They are deeper than all of my other bowls and scuttles (8 total), except for the Timeless bowl, which is maybe 1/4 inch deeper. This bowl produces more lather in less time than any of my other bowls. Stirling has a video which shows how it works. IMO, this is the gold standard for travel bowls, since it packs flat and weighs nothing. It is also a contender for the best lather producing bowl for the price. It is silicone and cleans and drys in seconds. Don't knock it until you have tried it.

Top Bottom