What's new

Dog Cleaning?

Fellow dog owners: how do you clean your pooch?
Tank has sensitive skin, so he gets bathed in warm water with no soap or shampoo. I use a store brand "dog hair conditioner" to keep his fur soft.

When the skin behind his ears gets dry, I use a dab of beard oil and it's really helped.

Tank was going to post this, but it took way too long due to the lack of thumbs. And the lack of knowledge about these little toys us humans keep clacking on.
IMG_20210626_104553.jpg

(Yes, I know a Google search could give me lots of suggestions. That's not what I'm looking for. I'm asking what you use.)

Last edited:
I use pet shampoos for my own skin and hair care due to a fragrance sensitivity. Same is often used for straight and other shaving, as well. I don’t bathe a dog but we used to do our cat. Check out “earthbath” for their more natural non irritating shampoos. Most are fragrance free. This wild cherry is one that is very lightly “botanically fragranced”-enough it doesn’t bother me. Others are scented with essential oils. Have never been harsh on skin and one nice benefit is there is no soap scum to contend with after use.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I haven’t had a dog for a long , long time. This an interesting subject which I shall watch.
Amen!
I use pet shampoos for my own skin and hair care due to a fragrance sensitivity. Same is often used for straight and other shaving, as well. I don’t bathe a dog but we used to do our cat. Check out “earthbath” for their more natural non irritating shampoos. Most are fragrance free. This wild cherry is one that is very lightly “botanically fragranced”-enough it doesn’t bother me. Others are scented with essential oils. Have never been harsh on skin and one nice benefit is there is no soap scum to contend with after use.

View attachment 1287586View attachment 1287584View attachment 1287580
In my professional opinion as a mentally questionable retired RN and Cosmetologist, this looks like good stuff.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Good dog shampoo and the hose is what I use.
In the past I’ve used the self serve dog wash station at a store called pet value. One time I was there using their heavy aprons and a woman I know came in and saw me. She asked if I owned the store. Lol. Funny sort of now that I’m seeing private equity owners pulled the plug and closed all us stores.

Last edited:
As greyhounds have very thin single coats they only need a wash once every 2 or 3 months (but regular brushing). When it is time to wash him I use a dog shampoo and have to chase after him about the garden with a bucket and sponge or hose in the summer as he hates baths. He's 10 know, has corns in one paw and had to get his tail amputated (happy tail injury) but he still gives me the run around 🤣🤣

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I take her in the shower and use Johnson's Baby Shampoo.
+1. Monthly, used Johnson’s or Baby Magic, sometimes Dove conditioner because our golden retriever’s hair could tangle, and either the shower or a shallow bath. Oh, the joys of watching the bathroom walls get wet while she shook out her coat mid-bath.

When my dog was still with us, we used hydrogen dioxide, sometimes mixed with sodium chloride.

She loved to have a nice bath :)

honey.png

Top Bottom