What's new

Does your sink space get overcrowded at times?

I'm a bit of a neat freak, so I don't like any form of clutter. The only thing I keep on the counter is whatever brush I used last, hanging to dry out. Everything else is in an enclosed cabinet.

If I had the right bathroom setup with some nice build in shelves I wouldn't mind things being displayed, but it would have to look pretty orderly.

Yes. Once I start putting my brush, soap, razor, bowl, mug, and my recording set together, there's pretty much no space left... I can't imagine trying out multiple tubs at once.

Most of my kit is in the cabinet under the bathroom counter or stored in drawers in my shop.

That approach tends to keep peace in the family! :austin1:

Most of my kit is in the cabinet under the bathroom counter or stored in drawers in my shop.

That approach tends to keep peace in the family! :austin1:
Agreed
I do not wish to have a counter war with my wife and daughters. So everyone must limit the number of items or it’ll escalate into chaos.

+1. Wife and two daughters....
Ugh. Ive complained to her about it before and how all I want is a small corner of the bathroom that is my little space but she seems to just throw her combs, brushes and skincare products where ever she wants.
Its the same in the shower too. We have this like shower caddy thing that hangs up that has 3 shelves on it and on the bottom shelf I have my soap dish, shampoo, face wash and beard shampoo. I like my stuff neat and organized.
My wife has the other 2 shelves that is littered with various bottles of shower products, many of which are empty. She also has a soap dish with several old, nasty, rusty disposable razors.
Despite that, she somehow always feels the need to throw some of her stuff on the bottom shelf where my stuff is. Its very annoying.

I keep a bare minimum in the under-sink cabinet, right now I have a few preshave soaps and some witch hazel, I keep the rest of the hardware and software in an Ikea chest, currently in I'm using about 4 drawers, 1 dedicated to soaps and cremes, 1 dedicated to Aftershaves and balms, 1 has razors and misc hardware and soap samples, The 4th drawer is currently being used for blades. ( the razors and the blades reside in the 2 small drawers at the top, soaps and aftershaves are in the next 2 big drawers, so far so good it works great and keeps everything organized and keeps the wife happy lol.
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 5.36.11 PM.png

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I am equally fascinated by the lack of feminine crap, errrr... I mean influence on this particular vanity. Are you by chance a bachelor sir. If not there must be multiple rooms at play or I am in awe.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I keep everything on a shelf in my closet, and I have a nightly ritual of moving the next morning’s gear to the vanity. I sometimes let my daughter select each item I’ll use. She’s a big fan of all the smells, and she likes the soft brushes.
Awesome!

I have to order a new wall unit for my bath room. The last one fell off the wall but fortunately no soaps, razors or brush’s where injured.

Agreed
I do not wish to have a counter war with my wife and daughters. So everyone must limit the number of items or it’ll escalate into chaos.

I have a wife and a tween daughter who is just starting to get into nails and makeup. Finally said enough was enough and I confiscated the downstairs bathroom/shower and let them have the upstairs one. So now I need to paint and add my touches to it but man so much more space. The other side of the counter has fresh hand towels ready for me, another thing my daughter always liked to steal and they would disappear into her bedroom.... lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I am equally fascinated by the lack of feminine crap, errrr... I mean influence on this particular vanity. Are you by chance a bachelor sir. If not there must be multiple rooms at play or I am in awe.
My teen daughter has her own space upstairs and is not the updo type whatsoever. My almost teen daughter shares our bathroom but I’ve been able to banish her items to a drawer.

Top Bottom