What's new

Does your razor need a gender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use scents I like, and I wear clothes I like. I don't care what other people think.

I'm a fan of floral scents. I am currently using them and have gone through them in the past. Rose, lavender, orange blossom, cherry blossom....all these are scents I have chosen for my soaps and I have enjoyed them all. To each his own.

Sex and gender are two different things.

This, of course, depends on what dictionary one uses. Some dictionaries still use the traditional definition of the word as being synonymous with sex while most have moved to the PC definition. Some list both definitions.

This, of course, depends on what dictionary one uses. Some dictionaries still use the traditional definition of the word as being synonymous with sex while most have moved to the PC definition. Some list both definitions.

It's not a matter of political correctness but an acknowledgement of facts.

Traditionally, gender is NOT synonymous with sex. That is the point.

I use scents I like, and I wear clothes I like. I don't care what other people think.

I'm a fan of floral scents. I am currently using them and have gone through them in the past. Rose, lavender, orange blossom, cherry blossom....all these are scents I have chosen for my soaps and I have enjoyed them all. To each his own.
Same here.
hell I have a tattoo of a flower on my back and it’s my only tattoo.

Traditionally, gender is NOT synonymous with sex. That is the point.
So gender is however I feel today? Today I feel like a man, but tomorrow I can feel like a woman? The day after that I can feel like some other combination? Is that how gender works now?

I’m not making fun of this topic. I am sincerely trying to understand.

Reactions: ike
So gender is however I feel today? Today I feel like a man, but tomorrow I can feel like a woman? The day after that I can feel like some other combination? Is that how gender works now?

I’m not making fun of this topic. I am sincerely trying to understand.
That is oversimplified, but yes. Actually, you are correct. And how you feel today should have no legal status nor mandated acceptance from others. That is actually how gender always worked. It has been conflated with biological sex lately, which is the problem. Jut because someone FEELS like a woman or a man doesn't mean they actually ARE biologically. This has been pushed for a long time in academia, and probably got its start in sociology deoartments.fOr example, Sandra Bem's work. If someone suffers from a mental illness, I see no reason why everyone else has to pretend they are normal. But that is the gameplan, buddy. Normal people are to be labeled as abbynormal....see, for example, the trend of labeling people who identify with their birth sex as "cis- gendered" its all very absurd.

So how could a man make a statement that he feels like a woman if he wasn’t one in the first place? He couldn’t possibly have first hand experience to make such a claim. Kind of like me saying I feel like Queen Elizabeth. I can say it, but wouldn’t have a clue outside of what I’ve seen on TV.

It’s all very confusing. I’m glad I know what it’s like to be me and that my razors are inanimate objects! Whew!

David Bowie: androgynous, but a self avowed male.
Boy George: androgynous, but 100% gay male. He is a huge critic of what is going on today, actually, with all of the transgender rubbish.
Robert Smith: lipstick and eyeliner...happily married straight man.
I like lavender....but I don't think im a nancy for it. Lol.
The point is: just because someone says that feel like a woman doesn't mean they are, nor should it mean everyone has to kowtow to their belief or feeling. Just look up the "It's" ma'am" video to see where I am coming from. Lol. Its a miracle I survived academia. Well...actually I was disillusioned and quit.

I was in Vietnam early 70s. If US army or marines were up wind of us, we could smell them from 500m. I expect the VC experienced the same as us.

This is why I like alum blocks as aftershave and deodorant. It is odorless, thus tactical.

David Bowie: androgynous, but a self avowed male.
Boy George: androgynous, but 100% gay male. He is a huge critic of what is going on today, actually, with all of the transgender rubbish.
Robert Smith: lipstick and eyeliner...happily married straight man.
I like lavender....but I don't think im a nancy for it. Lol.
The point is: just because someone says that feel like a woman doesn't mean they are, nor should it mean everyone has to kowtow to their belief or feeling. Just look up the "It's" ma'am" video to see where I am coming from. Lol. Its a miracle I survived academia. Well...actually I was disillusioned and quit.

You like lavender?

Well, I kind of do too. It started with a 3 bar purchase of Aqua Lavanda Puig soap, from Spain. Apparently, it was Sinatra's preferred soap. So I'm like if HE can use the stuff, the Sicilian from Hoboken, I would be okay with it.

That is oversimplified, but yes. Actually, you are correct. And how you feel today should have no legal status nor mandated acceptance from others. That is actually how gender always worked. It has been conflated with biological sex lately, which is the problem. Jut because someone FEELS like a woman or a man doesn't mean they actually ARE biologically. This has been pushed for a long time in academia, and probably got its start in sociology deoartments.fOr example, Sandra Bem's work. If someone suffers from a mental illness, I see no reason why everyone else has to pretend they are normal. But that is the gameplan, buddy. Normal people are to be labeled as abbynormal....see, for example, the trend of labeling people who identify with their birth sex as "cis- gendered" its all very absurd.
This is truly sad and funny at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom