What's new

does whitch hazel (original) have a fragrence?

i've been collecting colognes for a while... and i just noticed that my aftershave generally conflicts with my cologne (ivy club lasts about 16 hours and brut lasts about the same...) i was thinking about switching to which hazel anyway. and this, could, be the proverbial nail in the coffin...

Witch hazel smells pretty bad, but it fades quite quickly.

You could always try a lighter scented AS, Brut is more of an AS/Cologne mixture, so its scent would be stronger

ahh... i was thinking about the bottle of adidas deep energy i have, it's strong but citrusy and i've heard citrus' don't last very long.
lol, yea, lasts almost as long as the colonges do.... my colonges usually last anywere between 10 and 24 hours...

I use unscented witch hazel everyday. It has an odd smell for about one minute I'd say and then it's gone for the day. I finish with one of the Trumper's skin foods which, while scented, don't seem to interfere with my EdTs.

Last edited:
i've been collecting colognes for a while... and i just noticed that my aftershave generally conflicts with my cologne (ivy club lasts about 16 hours and brut lasts about the same...) i was thinking about switching to which hazel anyway. and this, could, be the proverbial nail in the coffin...

Or buy cologne with matching aftershave.

Generic Witch Hazel has a rather unpleasant scent, but it will probably fade away in less than 5 minutes. The first few uses you will probably think it smells really nasty, but overtime you will get used to the scent (and like me) may even grow to find it pleasant. :tongue_sm

Another aftershave I quite like is Barbasol Pacific Rush (found at Dollar General), it has a huge menthol blast, and a modern aquatic smell that at best will last for a half hour give, or take. It's quite good stuff if you don't want to worry about scent clash.

Another long lasting aftershave scent is generic Skin Bracer; I can smell it on my hands six to eight hours after application, it most certainly would clash with cologne. :blink::blink:

Or buy cologne with matching aftershave.

i was also thinking about that. but i can't find anything that matches what i wear right... ivy club is close but i'm just not sure about it... i only wear like 3 or 4 colognes atm (mom won't let me get anymore... says 15 yr olds should smell like axe.:mad3::blink:) black sued leather, dolce and gabbana the one gentlemen, cuba gold and (gotta have a classic) old spice ( which i guess i could use as an AS to, but what's life without veriety right?)
and where exactly do you get the unscented witch hazel?

Make sure you get the unscented WH. I thought, 'hey, I'll try the rose scented Witch Hazel.' The smell lasts all day it seems and the rose scent is rather strong. Not terrible, but I don't want to smell like roses all day. I'm a man. Still need to get some unscented....

The unscented witch hazels have a bit of a smell, but like others said it fades almost immediately. I also found that I got used to the smell and now it just smells fresh to me.

Dickinson's Witch Hazel has quite a strong odor to it. I couldn't stand it when I first got it and have had it stored away for some time.

I decided to break it out again and smelled it again and still a bit fouler, compared to Thayer's Rose Scented Witch Hazel, but wasn't as bad when I applied it. Maybe it's growing on me or my sniffer is just out of town. Hard to describe the scent. I enjoy the Thayer's Rose Scented though, and probably wouldn't mind a few others they have! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom