What's new

Does this Tech even Exist?

I would like to have all my birthday Gillettes, as I guess many would. My problem is F2... lots of neat stuff, most of it seriously spendy. I've got a Fatboy, Superspeed, and a Nickel Tech. I'd like to find a gold Tech but after months of watching have never seen one for sale. Did they make both Nickel and Gold all the time? All the odd Fatboys, Toggles (two types?), Redtips, Bluetips that may or may not exist I can see not finding for sale but a Gold postwar Tech? Please enlighten me.
Ken

Last edited:
I assume you want an original finish. Otherwise, finding your F2 in nickel and sending it to Back Roads Gold for a gold replate will cost you $65 and you'll have your razor in a finish that's better than the original. That said, I completely understand wanting to get an original finish if one is available for that year and quarter.

I ave 14 Techs in my collection. The only ones i have that are gold are before the date codes were used.

Now im no pro but maybe this is why you cant find an F in gold? And wy I have all my birth year razors (1963) but none in gold.

I have a gold ball end Tech razor that has no date code which I figure it was made between 1946-1951.

IMG_20221001_065417.jpgIMG_20221001_065440.jpgIMG_20221001_065620.jpg

I don't bellowed they made the FH tech that late...I think they were on the 2nd gen tech by then. I've got a few FH gold techs to look at.

Top Bottom