What's new

Does this look like I could shave with it?

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up this 4 piece travel type clone razor for a few dollars at a craft show. I cleaned it up and everything but the ends of the cap seem to be bent/curved downward if that makes sense? And I can't tell if it was designed that way or if it just got bent somehow. I posted some pics with a blade in the razor that looks like it is curved and want your opinion if it would be usable. Thanks!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
It looks cool, but I’d be concerned about the bend in the blade. I personally wouldn’t use it.

R

romsitsa

Hello,

try it out carefully, I suspect it will pull your hair. If you have a spare top cap (even better a comb and cap) from a ball end Gillette for eg., try to swap them.
These are fun little shavers.

Adam

Hmm dont have any of those on hand but I can try and look for one! The comb part is perfect condition
Hello,

try it out carefully, I suspect it will pull your hair. If you have a spare top cap (even better a comb and cap) from a ball end Gillette for eg., try to swap them.
These are fun little shavers.

Adam

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I would try it. I've used a Single Ring that looked like that. It wasn't the best shave but it wasn't the worst either. Just take it slow.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I also vote for a "try it"....carefully. I also like the idea of switching out some of the hardware if you have some other base plates and caps around.

If you have a bushy beard I wouldn't try it. That's a tangled mess waiting to happen. Regular five o clock shadow growth go for it.

UPDATE: So I shaved with it tonight...and it wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. I used an Astra SP blade with some PAA Gondolier and it was actually fine on the flatter parts such as my cheeks, side burns, moustache, and upper neck. But when I started shaving my trouble spots, that's where it got a little hairy (pun intended). It tugged a little and the blade started skipping a little, so I switched to my NEW LC mid-shave to avoid ruining my neck, and everything was fine :). So, I ended up surviving and got 1/2 a shave out of the razor. I'm fine with keeping it as a showpiece!

Top Bottom