What's new

Does the start page ever get updated?

Just wondering if these things on the start page ever get updated?
When I go into the main page, I always see the same things and they have been there for months i.e., "The colorectal cancer awareness" or "The cooked pig that shows up for the thin blue smoke thread", Lol!!
And that one alone is from 2020!
Just asking!

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Just wondering if these things ever get updated or can they be customized by the user somehow?
When I go into the main page, I always see the same things and they have been there for months i.e., "The colorectal cancer awareness" or "The cooked pig that shows up for the thin blue smoke thread", Lol!!
And that one's from 2020!
Just asking!
There's two sections, the rotating pics at the top, called "Feature" and the text below called "Article".
The Feature gets changed weekly for the current SOTD thread. The Thin blue smoke thread is popular, it may have started in 2020, but the last post there was just this past Sunday.
The Articles are another matter. It's simply finding and redirecting good content. We're all volunteers here and it's almost a full time job to find content.
If folks have suggestions on what they'd like to see in the features and articles, they can contact me and if it's a good fit, I'll put it up!

There's two sections, the rotating pics at the top, called "Feature" and the text below called "Article".
The Feature gets changed weekly for the current SOTD thread. The Thin blue smoke thread is popular, it may have started in 2020, but the last post there was just this past Sunday.
The Articles are another matter. It's simply finding and redirecting good content. We're all volunteers here and it's almost a full time job to find content.
If folks have suggestions on what they'd like to see in the features and articles, they can contact me and if it's a good fit, I'll put it up!
I didn't know that's the way it worked. I thought it was like an "auto" thing where the system would update the stuff and not manually by you guys. Now I know!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I actually brought up the cooked pig because of my wife. Every time we're in bed and I open B&B on my laptop
Larry, you check B & B with your wife in bed on your laptop??? Sir, I now know the secret to a happy marriage (not married yet) You are a genius. I will remember your wisdom and carry with me through life, friend.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I actually brought up the cooked pig because of my wife. Every time we're in bed and I open B&B on my laptop, the pig shows up. And she finally asked me, what the heck is that pig? Lol!!
Through casual glances Mrs. Raven thought I spent a lot of time on a BBQ website, makes sense…the pig. When I told her it was about shaving, she wondered if we had shaved the pig. I do adore Mrs. Raven!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I get about 4 hours, usually up before the sun every since I delivered newspapers on my bicycle as a kid.

~doug~
Image3.jpg

Larry, you check B & B with your wife in bed on your laptop??? Sir, I now know the secret to a happy marriage (not married yet) You are a genius. I will remember your wisdom and carry with me through life, friend.
Yes I do!
But she just ignores it (one of the other secrets to a happy marriage in certain circumstances), Lol!!

Top Bottom