What's new

Does the new Speick shave stick have tallow in it?

Was curious to hear from people that have tried the new formula. Since a ton of people have been complaining about tallow being excluded from many soaps these days, was curious if it was like Haslinger where the Vegan seems to be just as good as the tallow.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
If the formula recently changed, it must have been non tallow to vegan. Never had tallow as far as I know. I like the scent.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Speick was always tallow.
Changed to vegan recently unfortunately.

Luckily, I have a small stash of the tallow sticks.
I stand corrected. You are 100 percent right. Here is what the old label says

INGREDIENTS: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Parfum, Glycerin, Valeriana Celtica Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, CI 15850:1, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool

It seems just as good as the old soap. Very nice scent also. I used it today.

ATT_Clubman.JPG

There's still a TON of the tallow formula on the market. Speick doesn't seem to have had the rush that Tabac did of folk snapping up all the tallow formula.

So! I decided to try the reformulated stick after reading all the lamentation. I am ofcourse just joking and trying to de-dramatise the whole issue. I know the old formula was beloved by many (myself included).

To keep it short and simple:

Same fragrance.

As easy to lather.

Same dense low structure lather.

Reduced residual slickness, not by much. Not as ”fatty” feeling.

Great post feel but just a tad more drying.

All in all, lets just be very subjective and unscientific and say - 10% reduction in performance and quality. So not a disaster at all, by a long shot. The soap truly holds its own. A very very good soap. I still have 4 tallow sticks but wont be too sad when I’ve had my last tallow face lather.

Top Bottom