What's new

Does the Escher label have to be attached to the stone?

My wife & I went to a huge flea market today. I grabbed a set of three stones from a table. I was particularly drawn to the box with the familiar label. The slurry stone is missing, but the hone itself looks to be practically unused. The color is olive drab, like the color of a Jon boat. Is it an Escher? There is also a little coti that came with the lot.

This how I picked it up...

It fits perfectly in the box minus the slurry stone...

It lapped quite easily, but it wasn't really worn...after lapping..

Here it is wet...

With slurry from a DMT...

I think its the real deal, but it would be the first one I have ever seen outside of photos.

I've seen a bunch with the label on the box and not the stone. I suppose it's possible that someone could have put any type of stone into the box, but I'd also guess that would be an unlikely occurrence unless we're talking about fleapay or something.

Doesnt look too bad..slurry is quite yellow/brown...depends on the material...can you add some pictures of the other stones ? The coti also looks nice!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Doesnt look too bad..slurry is quite yellow/brown...depends on the material...can you add some pictures of the other stones ? The coti also looks nice!

This the third stone in the lot. I don't know what to make of it. I still have to clean and lap it.

Last edited:
Crazy color. I've never seen one so yellow. Very very cool score!

I'm curious what Peter thinks of it.

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Those olive colored YG's are good stones. I had one that was labeled and looked just like yours. It was a very soft stone and even had small fossils in it like yours. Unfortunately it had been dropped and was busted all up. The slurry was very yellow, just like yours.

Top Bottom