What's new

Does the Blade Width Matter?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Width does make a difference and they are all good. My suggestion is to have all three common widths because your favorite today isn’t necessarily going to be your favorite in six months. And, while you are deciding, you will have time to buy more razors in each size. Also, should really decide with absolute certainty, you have found your dream size, you will already have several on hand. Just a thought.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Absolutely! Probably on the same day you tell me how much you like the 8/8 wedge. :a30:

Seriously though... You may be correct about the 4/8, but I honestly have no interest when there are so many wider blades for me to try. I'll likely never try uni sushi either because I enjoy so many other varieties already. Totally a personal preference thing.

Not all uni is great, but great uni is a wonderful blessing to mankind.

Width does make a difference and they are all good. My suggestion is to have all three common widths because your favorite today isn’t necessarily going to be your favorite in six months. And, while you are deciding, you will have time to buy more razors in each size. Also, should really decide with absolute certainty, you have found your dream size, you will already have several on hand. Just a thought.
Yes I agree. I am enjoying the 4/8, 5/8, 9/16, 11/16, and 13/16 (you gifted). I'm also enjoying the differences in hollow ground and near wedge. I need a wedge.

Nope. Us bears.

The eagles have been trying to claim credit forever based on "keen sight" and "air superiority", but we bears can smell a false claim a mile away. Eagles-Smeagles...

I started with a 5/8 then a 6.5/8ths and now a 7/8ths.
The only difference I can see is the weight of the thing which makes easier cuts and the fact that with the 7/8ths I can shave almost the whole of one side of my face before I need to rinse the blade. I like this feature and so use my 7/8ths almost exclusively.

I started with a 5/8 then a 6.5/8ths and now a 7/8ths.
The only difference I can see is the weight of the thing which makes easier cuts and the fact that with the 7/8ths I can shave almost the whole of one side of my face before I need to rinse the blade. I like this feature and so use my 7/8ths almost exclusively.
I'm gonna agree with you on this. I have several 8/8 and 9/8 blades and I can definitely shave one cheek and half my neck without rinsing the blade. SO, I'd say it makes things a little faster. Under the nose, I've had zero issues, It scoops the hairs out just as easy as my 5/8 blades.

Once you've tried a big blade, you may not want to go back to a little one ever again. :001_cool:

Top Bottom