What's new

Does SR shaving ever get as comfortable as a cartridge razor?

After about 20 straight razor shaves, I stopped sweating profusely through the shave and my comfort levels stabilised. :p

In terms of feel of the blade on the skin, it only took about half a dozen shaves before it was streets ahead of a cartidge shave...

After about 20 straight razor shaves, I stopped sweating profusely through the shave and my comfort levels stabilised. :p

In terms of feel of the blade on the skin, it only took about half a dozen shaves before it was streets ahead of a cartidge shave...
LOL! I remember those days too. Brought back a lot of memories.

Like you it did not last to long and the shaves are on another level now. Never looked back and still strive forward.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I remember those days when every shave was a life or death adventure lol.
Same. The SR was not my friend at the start, unpredictable, hard to figure out, prone to injury. There were days where I was just not looking forward to using a straight razor. Which makes it all the more satisfying now, putting in the time.

Reactions: JPO
I think the OP should be phrased differently:)
Does DE or cartridge razor shaving ever become as comfortable as a straight razor shave?
I can shave everyday with a SR, but have never been able to do that with a DE. I can do it with a SE.

Last edited:
The benefit of SR shaving with a DE shavette is that you can choose different blades. For me coated (platinum...etc) blades provide and enable me to control and choose the degree of comfort, closeness, sharpness and forgiveness. A couple of my favorites DE blades being WS and GSB.

Top Bottom