What's new

Does rinsing a puck after using it waste any significant amount of soap?

Although I return the left over lather to the mug most of the time, I also use the edge of a washcloth and wipe the rim down to near the top of the puck. I do it for appearance. I don't mind the lather on top, but allowing it to build up on the sides bothers me. My little OCD.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I suppose it all depends on how long you rinse it for. And maybe if you rinse in hot water.

I don’t rinse the puck. It’s in a mug. I load the brush and that’s it. Put the mug away when I’m done as is.

I have two 50's Old Spice mugs..(one with Arko, and one with grated Palmolive stick pressed into puck..)

I rinse the lather off, hold upside down til the drips stop, and let air dry before I put the lid back on..(Blue Diamond nut can lids.)

Been fine for me, and keeps the scent well too!

After loading my brush, I use the liquid and soapy stuff as a great pre shave. Puck is ready for the lid or if you prefer, left uncovered to harden. Best pre shave you will get. Sometimes I use this after the first pass instead.

After loading my brush, I use the liquid and soapy stuff as a great pre shave. Puck is ready for the lid or if you prefer, left uncovered to harden. Best pre shave you will get. Sometimes I use this after the first pass instead.

I do that as well.

I always rinse my soap with low pressure cold water to smooth the surface and remove the build up lather. No soap wasted.

I turn it upside down, I give it some flicks, wipe it from the outside with a towel and leave it on its lid for 24 or more hours. If it isn't dry, I don't close it.

I am veeeery picky person, so I even remove the boar bristles from the puck with a toothpick.

If you could see my soaps you would think that they are unused. I do this because I like my collection to be perfect and if sometime I decide to sell a soap, I want the new owner to have a perfect used soap.

I wash my soap with another soap.

proxy.php

I always rinse my soap with low pressure cold water to smooth the surface and remove the build up lather. No soap wasted.

I turn it upside down, I give it some flicks, wipe it from the outside with a towel and leave it on its lid for 24 or more hours. If it isn't dry, I don't close it.

I am veeeery picky person, so I even remove the boar bristles from the puck with a toothpick.

If you could see my soaps you would think that they are unused. I do this because I like my collection to be perfect and if sometime I decide to sell a soap, I want the new owner to have a perfect used soap.
I use a similar process. I’ll gently remove the soft soap scum after the shave with a light rinse then put the puck upside down. Keeps the puck nice, clean and smooth for next use

Do any of you guys run it through a dishwasher to clean it up? :001_302:

I use a bit of paper to wipe the soap if it is too wet. Otherwise, I just let it air dry.

I leave it wet and cover it up right away to keep it from drying out.
I do rinse and dry the outside of a mug or tub though.

I use a bit of paper to wipe the soap if it is too wet. Otherwise, I just let it air dry.
I sometimes use a bath sponge and just dab at the soap puck but usually a simple rinse washes away the excess build up, Iv not tried putting it through the dishwasher yet though :001_005:

What about a bit of wet sandpaper? ;)

Seriously, the only cleaning I do is wipe off the edge of my soap dish to get the lather off and keep it looking relatively decent. Otherwise, it's an open top dish and air dries and I rarely get any dried bubbles on the soap. But I'm also one that'll cut soap from a larger block and melt it into my soap dish by heating it in the microwave a few seconds at a time.

I've always ran the tub under water to clean it off because there's always soap running down the side. Then I air dry for a while Maybe 24 hours but at least 8 or 10.

I also shower after my shave and use a wash cloth on my face......I know, right ?

LOL

I'm astounded that all that lovely sudsy stuff is washed away! After you've loaded your brush, use it as a wonderful pre shave . Your shave will be 1000% better..

Top Bottom