What's new

Does Proraso Red Sandalwood have the same longevity as Proraso Green?

I keep seeing alternate statements about the scent of Proraso Red where some say they get whiffs of it all day and others say it lasts no more than 15 minutes, which is about the same as Proraso Green.

Now that it's been out for a decent amount of time, what't the definitive opinion about the longevity of the smell of Proraso Red on a 1 to 10 scale, with 10 being Aqua Velva Musk or Razorock Tuscan Oud strength and 1 being Lucky Tiger Face Tonic lack of strength (but a great aftershave nonetheless). Some also say they smell more vanilla than sandalwood in Proraso Red.

I really like Proraso Red. With the AS, I get a real sandalwood scent. On my skin, it's very mild right from the start but easily noticed for several hours. After that I can rub my skin (or lightly wet it) and catch the scent for maybe a few more hours. It is not a splash that will announce your presence, if you know what I mean. It's a classy scent, all the way.
Aside from scent, it feels good on the skin, too. It's a winner, in my book.

I find it lingers for a long time I get little wiffs through the day. Possible cause it is quite oily for an aftershave.

Aha! Is oiliness a sandalwood thing? I have a bottle of DR Harris sandalwood that I never use because it feels too oily.
I think it has more to do with the castor oil in the sandalwood A/S.

Proraso markets these not for different scent preferences but for different skin types. I already have oily skin and the Proraso sandalwood unfortunately turns my face into a grease party. PIFed it to a friend of mine I've started on wershaving and he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread but he has dry skin and is more of a balm user.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

+1
It definitely has a an awesome scent but a more balmy feel to it. I would say halfway between splash and balm. Great in the winter when skin is a bit dry!

Excellent thread! I love the green and have been considering the red also, perhaps once winter comes around.

Excellent! Have a bottle of the Red on it's way. I've been looking forward to a decent sandalwood scent from Proraso.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'm going to say a 5 or 6 for me. Definitely longer than Green, but nothing close to Clubman or Tabac. I agree with the others - it's a good close-in scent. It won't announce your presence or annoy your coworkers.

definitely a lot longer than green. Wife loves it and I am using it exclusively only anymore. It is a bit more nourishing and leaves a kind of film behind that I like, no need for any other skin cream anymore

I liked the scent and feel, but it was very light for me. I had to apply a few dashes to get it to stick around for the day.

Still definitely a keeper though!

Top Bottom