What's new

Does Pinaud VIBR dry your skin out?

I never noticed this until a couple weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? When I use Pinaud VIBR the next day my skin seems to be a little dry. I originally thought it may be the Arko soap I was using. So I stayed away from Arko for a while. And was using other soaps/creams but when I applied some Pinaud VIBR my skin would be dry. I didn't shave yesterday and read a post about mixing VIBR with Lime AS. Did that last night to try it out and my skin this morning is a little flaky in spots? Nothing really bad where it is so dry that it is itchy though.

This kind of bums me out a little as Pinaud VIBR is one of my favorites.

VIBR doesn't have glycerine or witch hazel or anything- so the main effect is the alcohol and the fragrance. I've found that for this reason it tends to dry out my skin as well.
The solution is to either add glycerine and witch hazel yourself, or mix he VIBR with another bay rum AS that has those ingredients- a popular choice is Masters bay rum.

Alternatively lay a balm down and then put the bay rum on- although I like the bracing quality of VIBR so I can't do that myself.

I have fairly oily skin (outside of the winter time) so it's actually a positive for me. I didn't find VIBR to be as bad as regular Clubman though.

You can get food grade glycerine and aloe at most pharmacies.

Add a couple of drops of each and see if the dryness goes away. Start with 2 DROPS of each. Use the aftershave for a week before deciding if you need more. You can always add more but you CAN'T take it out once it is there and your aftershave will leave a sticky gummy feel on your face if you "cross the line"

I doctor a lot of my "store bought" aftershaves and when I make my own I use a little more glycerine and aloe than the companies who make aftershave use. Understand that for them it is a business and a couple more drops per bottle can cut profits.

proxy.php

Thanks for the reply's guys

I was hoping you guys had a sugestion on how I can keep this in my rotation. Will be picking up a bottle of glycerin soon.

You can also apply a layer of unscented AS balm (Lubriderm 3 in 1 for me) followed by a splash of bay rum. Best of both worlds.

I'm not a fan of glycerin. It leaves my skin feeling tacky.

Top Bottom