What's new

Does Nivea Sensitive Balm burns?

I've had very good facial protection after shaving from just slathering on some generic body lotion. It's probably cheaper too.

We sometimes make shaving more complicated than it need be.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have not tried that balm, but I don't think any balm should burn. My initial reaction would be sensitivity to an ingredient.

I try to like it, but the regular and the cooling versions both cause me some irritation/burning. Not extreme, but noticeable and worse with the cooling version.

I liked the older Nivea Cool balm more than the new one despite the fact that the older version has parabens in it. The new one dries much faster, but it doesn't moisturise my skin like the old one. Also, the cooling effect in the new one is almost non existent and the scent isn't the same as the old one. The new version it might have better ingredients compared to the old one, but for me at least the performance of the new one is much worse and once i'm done with the last few bottles that I have left, i'm going to move to another brand and say farewell to Nivea's balms and aftershaves in general.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I love Nivea Sensitive Soothing Post Shave Balm. But today it occured to me. It burns a bit when I use it. Not terribly so but like an alcohol based after shave when used when your pores are pretty open. A sting that fades after 10 minutes. The bottle does not have the ingredients on it; I guess the box did which I threw away. Two questions for you gents: 1) does it contain alcohol? and 2) Do others feel the burn?
I’ve never had it burn. You may be allergic to some ingredient. Tabac makes my face itch for example so I quit using it. Just try something else.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I used to get a slight burning sensation from it so I stopped using it. Then I spotted this and for a few £££ I decided to try it. Best decision I made in a long time this stuff will last for a while as a 3rd of a pump is enough for your whole face.

20220105_101307.jpg

Top Bottom