What's new

Does my Rover have a Issue?

I am the 2nd owner of my Simpson Rover. When I first got the brush it lost probably 20+ hairs on the first 2 uses. Since then its calmed down to 1-4 hairs per use. I have noticed that the hairs it is losing are pretty long and what appears to me aren't breaking but coming loose from the knot. I doubt WCS will help me since I am the 2nd owner but hopefully Simpson can help me if it is a serious issue. I have tried the washing and combing lightly a few times and I don't use a lot of pressure on my brushes. I really hate this as it is the softest and nicest knot of Simpson Best I have ever felt.

if it's loosing hairs, any amount, on a day to day basis, there is likely an issue. at least in my mind.

the previous ownedr should have made you aware of this. 20 hairs in 2 uses, is a red flag in my mind that there is something wrong with it.

if it was from a member here, i'd recommend contacting them about it to see what they say.

Last edited:
I've had my Rover over a year and it does the same thing, losing 1-2 long hairs most shaves. Since it mostly happens during the final rinse-out and not while lathering my face, I just ignore it. If it was 5-10 hairs every shave I'd inquire about it, but 0-2 hardly seems worth the effort (for me anyway). I really like the brush so I'd rather put up with a lost hair here and there than swap it out for another.

Top Bottom