What's new

Does modern Old Spice = Axe?

About a year ago I bought a bottle of Old Spice body wash because it was on sale, and my teenage daughters gave me a hard time because it was Swagger scent. Fair enough. But today I bought an Old Spice hair pomade and once again my teenage daughters laughed at me (FYI--it just smells like generic hair product, not Swagger).

So my question--is Old Spice equal to Axe meaning no one who's graduated from college should go near any of their products?

About a year ago I bought a bottle of Old Spice body wash because it was on sale, and my teenage daughters gave me a hard time because it was Swagger scent. Fair enough. But today I bought an Old Spice hair pomade and once again my teenage daughters laughed at me (FYI--it just smells like generic hair product, not Swagger).

So my question--is Old Spice equal to Axe meaning no one who's graduated from college should go near any of their products?

You can sell a young man's product to an old man, but you can't sell an old man's product to a young man. :)

Their non-original-scent products are marketed to all ages. But they're probably laughing at the name "Swagger", less so the fact that you bought it.

Old Spice original scents are made for middle aged and older guys, but their hair products don't come in those scents. I have a jar of Swagger scented fiber wax I use sometimes. Nobody in my house thought anything of it.

As the father of teenage girls, I have some advice. Tell them off and remind them how disappointed you are in them.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Looking through the body washes recently at CVS I was struck by how many scents Old Spice has now.

Id say no. Ive certainly aged out of Axe a long time ago but I enjoy Old Spice. They certainly do have some new scents that are somewhat adventurous but by no means are they even in the same league as Axe in terms of boyishness and broness.

I’d agree with the badger. I actually quite like the swagger scent and use the deodorant and shower gel at times.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Don’t listen to teenage girls when it comes to man smells. Even if it is your own daughters.

Now if a middle aged woman happens to say you smell like a donkey’s butt...whatever you’re wearing, throw it out. Until then wear/use whatever the heck you want.

Id say no. Ive certainly aged out of Axe a long time ago but I enjoy Old Spice. They certainly do have some new scents that are somewhat adventurous but by no means are they even in the same league as Axe in terms of boyishness and broness.

+1! OS: good/Axe: no good!! At least for this old guy!!

I'm wearing Old Spice aftershave right now, bolstered by a bit of Guerlain Heritage. I love the original scent, not a huge fan of their newfangled animal scents.

I'll admit that Im an OS fanboy. I use the shampoo, body wash and aftershave. I dont love all of their new scents though and I wish they would just make a classic scent.

I used to dig Old Spice, but it has become IMPOSSIBLE to match a soap to an anti-perspirant at any ONE location. Other than Swagger, which is a great scent. Good luck finding Foxcrest anywhere, and good on you too if you find Playmaker soap.

This does lead one to ask, if there are any bar soaps which are as good or better than OS? Been looking at Lightfoots and La Toja lately. Are bar soaps more economical?

Top Bottom