What's new

Does MDC Rose smells like Tobs rose?

Im actually 3017ing a TOBS rose sample and it smells great. Been eyeing MDC Rose for awhile and was wondering if the scent is similar to Tobs rose cream. Question worth for Geo F Trumper Rose vs Tobs rose cream scent too. Thanks all for those that tried both.

Last edited:
I've tried over ten rose soaps, and a few creams, and MdC Rose is by far the one with the most true-to-life rose scent. That must be why it costs five bucks more than their other aromas. Some are good, like Salter Wild Rose, but the shaving qualities of MdC Rose are so much better that, for me, it's worth the money. Best soap i own.

I don't think I've found any rose soaps that smell like Taylors. Although I've not used mdc rose, I could almost guarantee MDC does not smell like Tobs. Mdc also uses essential oils if im not mistaken. I highly doubt Tobs is using pure essential oils to make their creams. They would not be $15 if they were. They would be more like $50, hence the reason MDC is so expensive.

I've tried over ten rose soaps, and a few creams, and MdC Rose is by far the one with the most true-to-life rose scent. That must be why it costs five bucks more than their other aromas. Some are good, like Salter Wild Rose, but the shaving qualities of MdC Rose are so much better that, for me, it's worth the money. Best soap i own.

Excellent comparison! One day, I will get to try MdC rose, as I have enjoyed their fougere. :punk: :punk:

Excellent comparison! One day, I will get to try MdC rose, as I have enjoyed their fougere. :punk: :punk:

Same here! I have been wanting to for a long time, but I can't ever justify spending that much on soap! I'm sure it is fantastic though. And I agree with you that the Fougere is enjoyable. It's also priced a little better.

It costs a whopping 10 euros more than the original, a > 20% premium. I was surprised to see it mentioned so many times in the MdC Mondays thread.

High quality Rose oil is expensive, gentlemen. I believe that's what MDC uses in their soap

I know a producer in Turkey who sells 5gr of the real stuff for $60. A quick Google search yields "Real rose essential oil (NOT rose geranium or other wanna-be roses) can cost as much as a couple hundred dollars for a tablespoon of oil"

BTW, does MdC rose smell like MdC's rose scented bath soap? I have used their rose bath soap, but never the shave soap. It's actually the only one of their scents I have not tried.

Top Bottom