What's new

Does anyone use Clubbells as part of their workout routine?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Anyone into clubbells and Circular Strength Training as promoted by Scott Sonnon? I have been rehabilitating my shoulders, both of which have long time chronic SLAP tears, with the lightest weight clubbells for a few months and I'm starting to use heavier clubbells with some success. As a 62 y.o. I have to be careful and not accelerate my training too fast to avoid further injury, but I think the clubbells will prove to be the most efficient way to get back into shape. I had tried them in the past, but had not devoted sufficient time in rehabbing my shoulders with the lighter CBs. I have not been able to do push ups for years because of shoulder pain from the SLAP tears. I think I'm on the cusp of being able to do more body weight work, I can do "girl" pushups on my knees without too much discomfort and hope to get back to standard push ups in the near future.

I got major shoulder surgery last year and i guess you can say i'm still recovering from it. After completing the mandatory physical therapy from the workers comp people, i feel much better and have gotten a lot stronger. Not enough to be at 100% yet, but i'm getting closer.

They gave me a bunch of exercises to do for the at home program. I was also recommended to get a set of lifeline resistance bands.

I haven't heard of these clubbell things, but they look like a good workout. I'm definitely gonna look into it.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If you are rehabbing, you'll probably want the 5 lb. ones to start with. Because of the leverage involved, a little weight goes a long way.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
As a 62 y.o. I have to be careful and not accelerate my training too fast to avoid further injury

I had tried them in the past, but had not devoted sufficient time in rehabbing my shoulders with the lighter CBs.

I suggest you look into this DVD ...

Super Joints (DVD) | Dragon Door

I have this one, and it is a great set of mobility exercises to get the joints moving properly again. (You may be able to find a better price if you dig. Dunno. Amazon??) Also, Pavel has a bunch of other DVDs that you can look at next.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
B94CFDC9-B007-432D-BAB9-166FC23E0F53.jpeg
My clubbell family, two each of 5, 10, 15 and one 20 lb. There are also 25, 35 and 45 lb. clubbells available, it will take a long time to work up to those!

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@Doc4, thanks for the DVD link. I have a bunch of Scott Sonnon DVDs and books. He trained in Russian sambo (in Russia, earning "Master of Sports") He has a bunch of stretching and warm up exercises using various yoga poses, martial arts moves, etc. Looks very similar to the linked DVD.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
@Doc4, thanks for the DVD link.

No problem.

I found out about Pavel (everyone just calls him Pavel, probably so they don't have to try pronouncing or spelling Tsats ... Tatsou ... Tzattsoul .... ... um, he's Pavel) when I first got into kettlebells, and he has some great books and DVDs out there for kettlebells. But he also does great bodyweight and mobility stuff as well.

Good luck with the rehab and resilience!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I thought I recognized the name "Pavel", he has worked with Scott Sonnon on many projects.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Reconditioning my shoulders has been a challenge, not going as quickly as I would have hoped, but making some slow progress.

Top Bottom