What's new

Does anyone use Cadet closed comb (safety bar) razors?

Does anyone here use or have experience with Cadet closed comb/safety bar razors? I've never heard anything about them, good or bad and it doesn't seem as if anyone really talks about them. I think that every single razor pictured on Shave A Buck site are open combs. There are some closed combs pictured on the West Coast Shave site.

What are the Cadet closed comb/safety bar heads like? Mild? Moderate? Aggressive? Are they decent heads taking into consideration that they are coming on a cheap razor? If you have one or had one, I'd like to hear your thoughts because I haven't found any discussions on these heads.

I owned both closed comb/ safety bar Cadet 3 piece, and TTO razors. Both performed well above the $15 I payed for them, and gave top quality shaves.

I would say they are moderate on the Aggressiveness scale. Considerable more Aggressive than a Superspeed, or Tech. Slightly more aggressive than an Edwin Jagger/ Muhle.

I would call the Cadet three piece safety bar medium on the aggression scale. The TTO is quite a bit more aggressive in my experience. I like the three piece quite a lot; it's a very nice shaver and a screaming deal. The TTO put a little too much blade on the face for my taste, so I sold it.

I have a Razorock TTO which I think it's the same (or similar enough) to the Cadet TTO. It is aggressive, but I got the hang of it and I think they are great value for the money. Maybe check out the RR Mission if you want something less aggressive.

I think that every single razor pictured on Shave A Buck site are open combs.

I think all the 3-piece Cadet razors at Shaveabuck can be ordered with either open comb or safety bar. The only 3-piece Cadet I have is an OC, and I love it. Some call it aggressive, but I find it a bit smoother than a Gillette New and just as easy to use. I also have a Cadet TTO safety bar, and it's pretty aggressive, more than the 3-piece OC.

Top Bottom