What's new

Does anyone use Beard Butter?

As per the title, I'm curious to hear opinions and recommendations from those that use beard butter?

I often find balm too tacky and not conditioning enough. I like oil, but it can end up looking a bit shiny. Beard butter sounds like an interesting alternative.

Never used butter, but have used several balms and several oils. Some of each that I like and also some of each that I dislike. They are not all created equal, in my experience.

i follow this guy on youtube called 'beardtube' and he swears on his life that beard butter is way better than beard balm. he even made his own. A few other beard guys say the same thing.

I do want to try it, but i need to finish the current balm i have. i've made a promise to myself to not get out of hand with the beard acquisition stuff.

just my opinion here, but if your beard is too shiny from the beard oil. I think you may be putting too much on.

i follow this guy on youtube called 'beardtube' and he swears on his life that beard butter is way better than beard balm. he even made his own. A few other beard guys say the same thing.

I do want to try it, but i need to finish the current balm i have. i've made a promise to myself to not go out of hand with the beard acquisition stuff.

just my opinion here, but if your beard is too shiny from the beard oil. I think you may be putting too much on.
I have some oil that I can put a good lot on and it seems to soak in and make very healthy looking feeling hair out of my other wise steel woolish beard. I have 1 bottle the wife go me to try from some facebook company (IHATE FACEBOOK.... sorry) anyway, that bottle, even when applied sparingly, makes shiny oil transferring steel wool out of my beard. But as a general rule, a little goes a long way in terms of beard oil. In that, you are absolutely correct.

I do like the butters for the evening to keep my beard soft overnight, then the balms for hold during the day for my business look. I prefer the butter over oils, for me the butter seems to get through my beard more thoroughly than the oil. I also make my products, so I’m always playing with proportions of Shea, jojova, lanolin, sweet almond and essential oils to get the butter just to my liking.

I do want to try it, but i need to finish the current balm i have. i've made a promise to myself to not get out of hand with the beard acquisition stuff.

Thanks, I'll look him up.

I use around 4 small drops, but the shininess comes from looking for more moisturising.

I have some oil that I can put a good lot on and it seems to soak in and make very healthy looking feeling hair out of my other wise steel woolish beard. I have 1 bottle the wife go me to try from some facebook company (IHATE FACEBOOK.... sorry) anyway, that bottle, even when applied sparingly, makes shiny oil transferring steel wool out of my beard. But as a general rule, a little goes a long way in terms of beard oil. In that, you are absolutely correct.

I have only tried 2 beard oils. You may be right. The beard butter sounds like a nice solution.

I do like the butters for the evening to keep my beard soft overnight, then the balms for hold during the day for my business look. I prefer the butter over oils, for me the butter seems to get through my beard more thoroughly than the oil. I also make my products, so I’m always playing with proportions of Shea, jojova, lanolin, sweet almond and essential oils to get the butter just to my liking.

This sounds like a clever way of doing it! What brands have you used before you began making your own?

This sounds like a clever way of doing it! What brands have you used before you began making your own?
I’d only used the Hawkins and Brimble from my local pharmacy, and came to the conclusion that I could mix up something I liked to match or better the product. I’d also used a Balm from Henri et Victoria that I liked, but did not like the price and rate that I was going through the stuff with daily applications on a bigger beard. Thanks for asking.

Top Bottom