What's new

Does anyone switch back and forth to cartridges?

I use only oil, whether using cartridge or DE. I have plenty of creams and soaps but get better results with oil.

I switch between my vintage Gillette razors, my Schick Krona, my Schick Injectors, my GEMS, my Gillette Mach 3, my Schick Hydro 3 and my Harry's razors.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

I love going from straight razors to electric, to de and than carts. Last night I used a gillette tech with a gillette 7 o’clock green, Russian and tonight with atra custom handle with a care one cartridge. Very happy.

I switched to DE/SE in December 2019 with a Merkur 34c. Right before that I bought a 12 pack of Mach 3 carts. I'm going to use them up, and I break them out 2-3 times a month. With the rest of wet shaving- better soaps & creams, brush- the carts perform better than they ever did before.

My work involves a lot of transportation by air, so when I'm on the road I use cartridge razors to shave.

I didn't use a cartridge razors for years once I started using a double edges razor. Definitely took some getting used to again. I still take a puck of shaving soap with me along with a travel size brush, so that much remains the same.

I've been wet shaving for about 4 months now and can't imagine ever switching back to carts. Intially I said that when in a hurry I would use my Mach3 for a quick shave but now after fully immersing my self in brush and DE razors I dont see it. I do keep my Mach3 in my shaving kit to trim the corners of my mustache but that's it, I'm a wet shaver.

One of the things I hated about carts was never getting a shave that lasts. Since I've been SR and DE wet shaving, I find that even when things get busy and I miss a day, I still look clean shaven. They shave so much better, and I feel spoiled every day. I'll never put a cartridge near my face again.

One of the things I hated about carts was never getting a shave that lasts. Since I've been SR and DE wet shaving, I find that even when things get busy and I miss a day, I still look clean shaven. They shave so much better, and I feel spoiled every day. I'll never put a cartridge near my face again.
Never say never

Since I started this journey in February 2019 I have used a cartridge three times:

(1) Once while traveling out of town via air
(2) Used my wife’s razor to hit a spot I missed and didn’t realize until later
(3) Same as #2

Since I started this journey in February 2019 I have used a cartridge three times:

(1) Once while traveling out of town via air
(2) Used my wife’s razor to hit a spot I missed and didn’t realize until later
(3) Same as #2
It’s not a sin to use a cartridge razor, they were invented to make shaving a little easier and they work. Some people think de is the only way to shave.

I love going from straight razors to electric, to de and than carts. Last night I used a gillette tech with a gillette 7 o’clock green, Russian and tonight with atra custom handle with a care one cartridge. Very happy.

That's eclectic! I can see using an electric for certain times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom