What's new

Does anyone switch back and forth to cartridges?

Yes, it is. An improvement on their injector razors, one could say.

Unfortunately crushed by Gillette marketing power.

I think they marketed the T70/Bonded shaving system for 7-8 years, as the Wilkinson II was not released until 1978. Did Wilkinson Sword release an injector?

I think they marketed the T70/Bonded shaving system for 7-8 years, as the Wilkinson II was not released until 1978. Did Wilkinson Sword release an injector?

No sorry, I was thinking of Schick. My granddad used an injector before switching to G2 cartridges.

Trac II occasionally. The quality of shave is great actually.
Yes it is, funny thing that most of cart Haters never shaved before cartridge razor came out. If they want to be retro and have a (proper) shave like they call it, they should get rid of de razors, and only use straight razors, not to many.

Feather FII Neo with a vintage Atra handle for travel - I don’t check bags. I also occasionally use them at home when I’m in a hurry. I generally get DFS with them. Any other cartridge has been a disaster for me in its failure to cut my beard. Unfortunately the Bro’s are getting harder to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Yes. I started with cartridge razors and used them for 35 odd years. I have had a few years of DE shaving with a bad case of RAD. I am now having a stint back at cartridge shaving. I am using up some carts that I have acquired and some new ones that I bought cheaply. I am actually enjoying the ride at the moment.

I use DE's and SE's during the week and Straight Razor on the weekends. However, when I travel, I take my vintage Trac II and double bladed cartridges. I like vintage razors so I enjoy the 70's nostalgia of the Trac II. It was the first razor I used at age 14 back in 1978.

In fact, the only modern razor I own is a Dovo Straight. I enjoy all my razors and shaves no matter the shape, form or style.

DFS with all of them, all the time.
Nostalgia goes a long way.

I never enjoyed shaving until I started wetshaving. It was a chore, now I look forward to it! And, it’s a great hobby. I can’t imagine how much I spent over the years on Gilette Fusion cartridges. I returned my unopened 16-pack of Fusion carts to Costco. But I still have a handful of carts left for when I’m traveling and don’t check luggage.

I never enjoyed shaving until I started wetshaving. It was a chore, now I look forward to it! And, it’s a great hobby. I can’t imagine how much I spent over the years on Gilette Fusion cartridges. I returned my unopened 16-pack of Fusion carts to Costco. But I still have a handful of carts left for when I’m traveling and don’t check luggage.
It is all about the hobby part of it, the type of razor you choose is only the end result.

It is all about the hobby part of it, the type of razor you choose is only the end result.

For sure. It’s the chase that I truly enjoy the most. :biggrin:

And it’s a very accessible hobby. For $55 you can get a fully stainless steel razor with top-level functionality. For $15 you can get an excellent soap or synthetic brush. In what other hobby besides reading can you enjoy the great stuff for this amount of $$?

Nope comfort wise there are several razors with a tilting head (oneblade etc) which mimics the carts on that point and serve me well enough.

Only reason for me to get a cart in the future (gilette guard) is for that rare holiday with cabin luggage only limitation issues. Or simply return with a beard and a 😊

For sure. It’s the chase that I truly enjoy the most. :biggrin:

And it’s a very accessible hobby. For $55 you can get a fully stainless steel razor with top-level functionality. For $15 you can get an excellent soap or synthetic brush. In what other hobby besides reading can you enjoy the great stuff for this amount of $$?
I Totally Agree, and you are not hurting anyone. It’s all about the rush.

Nope comfort wise there are several razors with a tilting head (oneblade etc) which mimics the carts on that point and serve me well enough.

Only reason for me to get a cart in the future (gilette guard) is for that rare holiday with cabin luggage only limitation issues. Or simply return with a beard and a 😊
And you stay Focused.

I keep a Mach 3 around for travel and the occasional day when I'm in a rush. I think it provides a great shave for what it is, and like having it in the mix with my DE's. Don't really get all the strong feelings against it. When you need a 3 minute DFS shave with no fuss or bother, M3 is a good choice.

Unfortunately, yes - when flying on business and only taking carry-on luggage. I don't want to run afoul of TSA and lose my gear.

Top Bottom