What's new

Does anyone shave while in the shower?

As I previously posted, I have been shaving in the shower since I was in the Marine Corps. I lived in a squad bay with about 70 other Marines and at reveille the battle was on for 10 sinks, sometimes it was just easier and quicker to shave while in the shower. It's a habit that has never left me and I have no problem shaving by feel. I was just wondering if anyone else shaves while showering instead of in front of the bathroom sink mirror?

I've thought about this often. I would need to install a mirror. I would also have to have confidence that the mirror was secure, and was not going to fall and shatter. Unfortunately, all my showers have tile walls to the ceiling, and I'd have to drill through tile to fixture the mirror.

I do shave in the shower more than at the sink. I keep an little hand mirror in the shower and use Barbasol. It gets me through the week. I spend the serious time with a 3 or 4 pass when going out for something.

When I used carts and canned goo, I shaved in the shower. Now I shave at the sink. But I may give it a shot. I'm not good enough to shave by feel so I need a mirror.

I recently started shaving in the shower, past three weeks. My brother shaves in the shower with a mach3 by feel. I can't shave by feel. I bought a handheld mirror from the dollar store and hung it on a nail. Its not fancy but it gets the job done. Eventually I will have a nice shave den. Maybe within the next 20 years lol.

I have to shave in the shower in the winter. My kitchen( only sink in my apartment) gets so cold that the jars of olive oil freeze up.

Shaving in the shower isn't so bad but I look forward to shaving at the sink during spring and summer.

I have shaved in the shower for the last 30 yrs , I have a big shower stall ,I lather up the brush from the cream jar and have a stand to hang the brush on for the 2nd and 3rd passes. I shave by feel and wouldn't have it any other way

I love to shave in the shower sometimes... when you want the hot water massaging you, enveloped in steam. Hydration can't be beat, although a narrower range of tools and techniques work. I have a shower mirror for those times. I have, though, on occassion shaved in the shower without it. Shaving by Braille. Takes a bit of practice, but once you've done it a couple times, it's quite pleasant, providing a heightened sense of touch and a different head space.

I do, my wife bought me a mirror for the shower that lights up and also is fog free. There is a reservoir on the top you fill with water and it circulates through the backside of the mirror. Works like a charm. Highly recommended

I used to shave in the shower when I used an Atra. I haven't since I started using a DE. I use the mirror but honestly, Ido t think I need it. I know my passes by now. Gotta try it one day.

Scott

I have shaved in the shower for the last 30 yrs , I have a big shower stall ,I lather up the brush from the cream jar and have a stand to hang the brush on for the 2nd and 3rd passes. I shave by feel and wouldn't have it any other way

This is about the same for me. I shaved with carts in the shower for 25 years before switching back to DE.

I did shave in front of the sink for a while when I started, but now I've moved back to the shower and by feel. Except weekends, when I use a straight in front of the mirror. I don't think I'm ever going to try the straight in the shower.

I have but not since I started shaving with DE blades. I can shave decently enough by feel with a cart, but I tend not to use anything but water with a cart anyway.

I also used to daily when I used a cart, but have largely stopped since switching. Now I do when pressed for time, but nothing fancy... Gillette slim set at 4 with proraso or KMF.

When I use my DE I shave in the shower using a plastic mirror that is stuck to the wall tiles with 3M strips. When I use my straight I'm at the sink.

Top Bottom