What's new

Does ANYONE routinely use Feather blades?

I bought a few 100 of them last year, they are one of my main go-to blades in the 6C or the 37C, the first shave is a tad bit tuggy but shave 2 and 3 are perfect, I usually bin them after the 3rd shave. I prefer comfort over saving pennies.

I used to use Feathers daily with no issues, then I got bored and tried GSBs. I switched, but I'd still use Feathers if i had them on hand.

Last edited:
I've never tried feathers and probably never will. The gillette nacet and bic chrome were already way too sharp for my taste. I can't even imagine what feathers would be like.

I do not. The only razor I can use Feathers in and not require a transfusion is my Ball End Tech. They are not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feathers are pretty much all I ever use now. In fact I have quite a few boxes of other brands that I'm considering offering for trade for Feathers. Looking at my post history I haven't posted here for like 8 years... Back when I was first getting into safety razors I bought up way more stuff than I realistically needed... I'm just getting through all the Taylor of Old Bond Street creams I bought back then... And lots of different blades that didn't suit me as well as Feathers...

I've recently decided that I'm going to use nothing but Shark blades in my DE razors (at least on the rare occasions that I'm not using a straight). I find Feathers too harsh.

I used them for 4 years in a DE-89. Now I mostly use GSBs, but I got an easy, close shave from the Feathers, and 2 or 3 weeks life. And I loved the slot in the bottom of the plastic container where you can slide your used blades. Perfect for traveling.

I'm not suggesting everybody can use them, but for my face and beard, they worked great.

Regularly use? Only on my chartered flights to visit the Sultan of Brunei. I'm the one who gave him his Prussian dueling scar. He's really into karaoke. His rendition of "Margaritaville" is not to be missed.

But you raise an interesting question. Why don't I just buy the agreed-upon industry best? I've spent more on beer tonight than I would 100 Feather blades.

Answer. Feathers scare me. Just a bit. Shaving with a Feather is like handling a chambered firearm.

Oh...and I'm cheap. Scots ancestry.

I thought my go-to setup was going to be Feathers in my R41, which was working wonderfully for me. I almost bought my first pack of 100. Then I tried Personna Med Prep and now I’m thinking I should just cough up another $10 and be done with it. Feathers are sweet, though.

I bought a hundred a bunch of years back. I like them a lot but they are a tad sharp for me and I often wind up with tiny nicks. I use them mostly in my Edwin Jagger razor or Merkur Progress dialed down. With my Slant or Long Handled Heavy Duty Merkur it's too aggressive.

The ideal blade for me is probably a little less sharp.

Feathers are probably the best performing of the 20+ brands I have tried in my 6S, though as others have said they aren't the longest lasting, and I have to be careful with the first shave or it can be rough going.

Feathers are probably the best performing of the 20+ brands I have tried in my 6S, though as others have said they aren't the longest lasting, and I have to be careful with the first shave or it can be rough going.
+1 Feathers & Personna Med Preps on R5 are the two best so far in my 6c. Still always trying others, but nothing comes close yet to those two!

Out of curiosity over the past years I bought and tried every razor blade I could find. The Feather and Kai blades are the only blades I have used that give me a consistently superior shave, regardless of my razor choice, Feather my favorite.

Feather blades were a revelation to me when I first tried them, after years of just using Wilkinson Sword or supermarket blades. I went through a spell of just using Feathers, until I bought an ATT H2. Had a bunch of irritation at first and dialed it back with tamer blades. Feathers still form 60% of my regular blade rotation.

Top Bottom