What's new

Does anyone mix soaps for a shave?

Just curious if anyone mixes any of their favorite soap scents together for a shave? I think I'm going to try mixing a dab of a few citrus scents together in the bottom of my shave goal and see how it turns out.

I did that once with Stirling’s glacial lemon chill and orange chill. It was actually quite pleasant. The citrus scents blended quite nicely.

I allready made several frankensoaps usually I blend stuff which is allmost finished, samples or if it smells nice shaves less and the other way around.
as long as at least 50% is a great lathering and shaving soap you get nice results.
so for now I have the corona special a desinfecting stinky stirling teatree soap which lathers and shaves wonderful blended with some meissner tremonia samples, razorock leftovers and jup smells better and performs very well
My other blend is the same leftovers with some tobs peppermint and stirling spearmint glacial
Again very good performance

I don't mix soaps but I have mixed a soap with a cream for a super lather. Pretty much always turns out stupendous, not matter what I'm mixing. The only soaps I've mixed however are MWF and Haslinger Schafmilch (tallow version). But for that I grind down half a puck of MWF and mix it with a full puck of Haslinger and stick it in it's own tub. In my opinion the combo far surpasses either alone in every category.

Not for scent - Occasionally I'll try a soap and realize it's not as slick as I want so I'll augment it with cream; sounds about like MntnMan62. But, it's not a conscious thing in my case. It's more of a "mid-course correction" like grabbing a different razor when you realize your blade is one toke over the line.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Recently mixed a couple of unidentifiable pucks together from the back of the cupboard. The resulting lather is just fine, the scent, acceptable, but nondescript. I mean, there was no sense throwing them out, right?

I just prepared a couple of 50/50 soaps for summer using Stirling samples. I cut them in half and laid them side-to-side in a tub, then stacked the other two halves on top (turned 180 degrees). So, I now have a MITA/Lime and a Orange Chill/Pharaoh's Dreamsicle.

Yes, in a utilitarian way. When my sticks or Arko get short I press the last 1/4“ or so on top of a puck of Williams generally and use it as a combo. Also when my puck is almost gone I like to clean out the mug with Prorasso Green cream to get that last bit out of the mug. Great stuff.

I mash the scraps of everything that isn't top tier together. Generally a mashup of good soaps work better than any of them did individually (probably cause they load heavier/more easily). I've got a vintage wooden bowl and an old Spice mug and a Barbershop mug right now that I have the majority of my shaves out of. Each of them has at least a half dozen old soaps mashed into them.

I once mixed one part Stirling black cherry and 3 parts Stirling Ben Franklin. It smells Devine to me.
Today I mixed Lea ...Vi-jon.....Lavanda....La Toya......Palmolive and Poraso Sandalwood cream shaving soaps....a dab of each.....Great shave.Raira Super Steel blade Karve Razor D blade.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I just got my new CC copper lather bowl, and it’s blowing my mind how much it improves lathering... now this makes me want to load up the bottom ridges with a variety of soap pairings to so what magic it contains...
The Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl is a joyous wonder. I use mine on the weekends with my creams and I really enjoy using it. One of my best investments.

I mentioned in one of the other threads that I dump the "rings" from nearly-exhausted soaps into a mug containing a puck of Williams. I also squeeze excess lather in there.

Sometimes, you get a really interesting scent combination!

Top Bottom