What's new

Does anyone mix soaps for a shave?

Williams/Dove mix. 1Puck Williams mug soap Shaved, 1/2 bar Dove bath soap Shaved (Cucumber, Tangerine or Shea Butter is what I've tried so far) Shaved. Mix and press into bowl, adding DROPS of water as you press. I know, don't mess with new Williams. But I get a lather that is about equal to Cella. I get a Long lasting slick thick hydrating lather with a nice Cucumber or Tangerine scent.
I puck lather, wetting brush and working lather right on the puck adding drops of water as needed. It might make a difference from bowl lathering like I do with a tube cream
I have tried the New Williams and get a good lather but nothing like the old or as it's now called Vintage Williams. And have used Dove soap and got a good lather, but when both Williams and Dove are combined, they compliment each other and some how produce a great lather, It not only lasts a long time, it is frugal.

Williams/Dove mix. 1Puck Williams mug soap Shaved, 1/2 bar Dove bath soap Shaved (Cucumber, Tangerine or Shea Butter is what I've tried so far) Shaved. Mix and press into bowl, adding DROPS of water as you press. I know, don't mess with new Williams. But I get a lather that is about equal to Cella. I get a Long lasting slick thick hydrating lather with a nice Cucumber or Tangerine scent.
I puck lather, wetting brush and working lather right on the puck adding drops of water as needed. It might make a difference from bowl lathering like I do with a tube cream
I have tried the New Williams and get a good lather but nothing like the old or as it's now called Vintage Williams. And have used Dove soap and got a good lather, but when both Williams and Dove are combined, they compliment each other and some how produce a great lather, It not only lasts a long time, it is frugal.
I've grated some Williams, Arko and a little charcoal soap, and made a granite-looking soap. Shaves smooth & slick, just like Williams & Arko, but without the overpowering Arko stink.
Granite Soap.jpg

Top Bottom