What's new

Does anyone make an aftermarket handle to fit a Fatip OC Slant razor

I really like the FOCS razor head and the balance of the whole razor. I even like the fact that the handle is hollow and open on both ends, because it helps with draining, as well as contributing to the balance. But I could do without the chrome plated barber pole pattern on the handle. I have to concentrate to prevent it from slipping, especially sideways, when it's wet and soapy.

The FOCS threaded bolt is longer than standard, and the threading isn't standard either. So, does anyone make a handle that fits the bolt, has the right threading and is about the same weight and length as the OEM handle? The ideal handle for me would be really grippy.

Some of the standard handles kind of fit. If the threads are cut with a close tolerance it will fit, a bit sloppy, but they will tighten up fine. Just don't over tighten. The nicer (more expensive) the better they seem to fit.

I've replaced all my fatip razor handles with the Russian Ti ones you can get from Aliexpress. Extremely nice handles!

I use my FOCS with a Fatip Piccolo handle. I believe that the Fatip threading is a standard metric M4.5 x 0.75 thread. Either rusdrunkbear or Tibam might be willing to make you a custom handle with that thread. It can't hurt to ask! That auction site down by the bay.

I also have a cheapie (disposable?) Leresche handle that has that threading. I doubt that most Leresche handles will fit Fatip.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Vintage Gem threads are 8-24.

Standard non-metric razor threads are 10-32.

Standard metric razor threads are M5 x 0.8.

Fatip uses M4.5 x 0.75.

10-32 and M5 x 0.8 are fairly interchangeable if you're careful.

Aside from swapping handles from another Fatip razor, your best bets are to

1. find a machinist who will make a handle you like and drill/tap it for the proper thread;
2. contact a seller of handles and ask for a handle that has not been drilled yet, then have a machinist do it or do it yourself; or
3. Pick up the proper tap and make your own handle.

I've had enough machinists get whiny with me about having to "do all that work just to make one thing" that I usually go with Option 3 when I need an oddball.

If you want to try a non-Fatip handle with 10-32 or M5x0.8 thread pitch, I suggest getting a roll of Teflon plumber's pipe tape, and putting a wrap or two of that around the stud before you try to thread on the handle. Might bulk things up enough to hold. It's a gamble, though. You could end up damaging either the stud or the handle. (Stainless vs. brass -- my money's on wrecking the stud.)

O.H.

Last edited:
Joris razor handles fit ,but they are quite highly priced as complete razors .I doubt that can be found as handles only.

As stated ,a machinist can make you
an aftermarket handle for a Fatip razor.

From the few handles that I have, the only one that fits is my fat Tech handle. I have a British flat bottom Tech and the fat handle fits, but i'm not sure if all other fat Tech handles would fit. The handle of my ball end Old Type doesn't fit.

Some of the standard handles kind of fit. If the threads are cut with a close tolerance it will fit, a bit sloppy, but they will tighten up fine. Just don't over tighten. The nicer (more expensive) the better they seem to fit.

I've replaced all my fatip razor handles with the Russian Ti ones you can get from Aliexpress. Extremely nice handles!

Are these threaded exactly the same as Fatip or a "close but will work" deal?

Good question, Al Bundy.

If the answer is “close but will work,” the simplest approach may be to buy another Fatip that has a more comfortable (for me) handle. I don’t see myself making a handle or asking a machinist to do a one-off.

So will any Fatip handle fit my FOCS head?

Good question, Al Bundy.

If the answer is “close but will work,” the simplest approach may be to buy another Fatip that has a more comfortable (for me) handle. I don’t see myself making a handle or asking a machinist to do a one-off.

Yes

I've seen you post this statement on a few threads now and though you should know that the handles aren't in fact "Russian made" but rather they are made in China!! If you open the "Specifications tab" it will show the Origin being "CN" for China...

Here is the list compiled by our member @alex2363 via responses from other members. There are quite a few handles that will fit, if not perfectly, then functionally.

Here is the list compiled by our member @alex2363 via responses from other members. There are quite a few handles that will fit, if not perfectly, then functionally.

Yow. 370 posts. That should keep me busy if I can stay awake after turkey dinner.

Do you reckon it work to buy a cheap handle, stuff the threads with JB epoxy putty, and retap it to 4.5 x 7.5?

I love my fatip piccolo, but I despise fatip's handles.

Reactions: Kix
Good question, Al Bundy.

All Fatip handles fit and also Schone. I tend to use the Focs on a Fatip wood handle, it's longer, better grip for head shaves. But it's lighter.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Do you reckon it work to buy a cheap handle, stuff the threads with JB epoxy putty, and retap it to 4.5 x 7.5?

What you mean is "M4.5 x 0.75" which is the correct thread pitch and diameter.

I'm just an old hippie with old tools, but once you've got a tap for that specification you can make your own handles. You could even make a handle from hardwood doweling! Teak, Ironwood or Cocobolo would be hard enough to take the threads though they'd also be somewhat brittle.

Brass, aluminum, copper, stainless, titanium -- depending on what's around you could make quite a classy outfit.

O.H.

I've seen you post this statement on a few threads now and though you should know that the handles aren't in fact "Russian made" but rather they are made in China!! If you open the "Specifications tab" it will show the Origin being "CN" for China...

Thanks for the info. I didn't notice the CN. Maybe the ones sold in Russia are actually made in China. Who knows these days. They look identical to me. They are very nice handles regardless.

As to the other question; I doubt that they are the same threads as fatip but I will say they fit my fatip razors as good as most any other handle fits the razor they are made for. It fits as good as the stock handle fits my gamechanger 84P. If you take both razors and loosen both handles 2 turns, the handle on both razors wiggle back and forth the same amount. I'd say the "slop" on both razors feel the same. If you are a perfectionist you might stay away, but I have no problem using these Chinese :redface-new: handles. I have these on two fatip razors and IMHO they both fit fine. As always; your results may vary. As another poster pointed out, a couple wraps of teflon tape would help, but mine seem fine without the tap.

Thanks for the info. I didn't notice the CN. Maybe the ones sold in Russia are actually made in China. Who knows these days. They look identical to me. They are very nice handles regardless.
The Russian made handles are usually sold on Ebay... The sellers are Tibam handles and I think Rusdrunkenbear or something like that.

Top Bottom