What's new

Does anyone know of a soap or cream that has a strong scent of patchouli oil?

I really enjoy the scent of patchouli oil and want to find something where the aroma is more noticeable than the usual soaps and creams using this ingredient.

Thanks.

You can buy patchouli essential oil and get a non-tallow unscented soap that you can melt. Once the soap starts cool and thicken back up, and the desired amount of oil. Best to do a few drops at a time since the essential oils are very strong.

AWESOME!! This is something I've often wondered about but was afraid to ask. I'll have to try some of these.

Off topic, but if you like patchouli, you might want to pick up a bar of Mystic Water's "Hunter's Moon" bath soap. Supposedly Michelle uses one ounce of essential oil, per pound of soap.

Thanks for everyone's responses. It has proven helpful. I can't believe I have not heard of these brands or ideas.

Valobra Patchouly is a great scent, but very mild and creamy. If you are looking for a strong scent that projects, I'd go for something else.
That said, I'm 100% sure that Valobra will be the best soap mentioned by a long shot.

Off topic, but if you like patchouli, you might want to pick up a bar of Mystic Water's "Hunter's Moon" bath soap. Supposedly Michelle uses one ounce of essential oil, per pound of soap.

Have you ever tried this soap? Sounds interesting but I am bit hesitant after buying Mike's Soaps shampoo bar. He makes good shaving soap but I didn't like the shampoo bar. In defense of the product, it would be good for those with dry scalp.

Have you ever tried this soap? Sounds interesting but I am bit hesitant after buying Mike's Soaps shampoo bar. He makes good shaving soap but I didn't like the shampoo bar. In defense of the product, it would be good for those with dry scalp.

I haven't used it, but I have tried other Mystic Water bath soaps, and they are nice. I switched to Stirling, however, because their bars are less expensive. Shampoo bars are unusual, but bath soap is bath soap.

I got a sample from an American artisan vendor a few years ago and remember the small amount smelling up my whole bathroom it was so strong. Can't remember who. Most likely QED, but maybe Mama Bears or Queen Charlotte Soaps. Definitely a B&B vendor around 2012.

Mystic Water is an excellent vender that also has several soaps that include patchouli.

Mystic Water baths soaps are really nice. And her shampoo bars are among the best, if not THE best, on the market, IMO.

I'm not a huge fan of patchouli myself, but another one to mention is Mike's Barbershop scent. It's not even close to a pure patchouli, but it has a LOT of patchouli in it.

SRD Sweet Patchouli is my strongest scented soap. While I actually prefer Opus X, their Patchouli reminds me of a 60's head shop. Getting some samples, flattening them with a hammer and pressing into a bowl is the way to go. IMO, SRD is the best of the melt & pour soaps.

Top Bottom