What's new

Does anyone know of a scentless aftershave or balm?

Title kind of says it all... Looking for a scentless aftershave or balm as my face is sensitive and always having to use aftershave after shaving but folks at our church and at my Dr.'s offices are allergic to scents. Thanks for your help.
Mike L
Portland, OR

The Gentlemens Refinery makes an unscented aftershave balm. As a balm, it is excellent, but you will see varying degrees of agreement as to just how "unscented" it is. It has no added scenting ingredients, but for those with picky noses, there is unquestionably an underlying product scent, which my ex-girlfriend always said smells like cinnamon. Alas, I'm not fond of the scent (nor am I fond of the even more aromatic Standard balm from TGR), which is too bad, as it's an excellent product.

The Shave Den also puts out an unscented balm. I've not tried it, but it has gotten strong reviews. I've been wanting to know just how truly unscented it is, since it has several different floral hydrosols in the mix. Any input from anyone?

While the Thayer's Witch Hazel Aftershave has a fragrance, if I recall it disappears very quickly and isn't meant to be a personal fragrance that lasts. I don't think anyone at church or the office will smell it. My wife goes mental over scents and the only time she complained about Thayer's was within, say, the first 30 minutes of application.

Nivea Sensitive ASB -- easily available at your local drug store.
This isn't a scentless cream. It has a kind of sweet smell to it, that although mild, I find unpleasant. "Fragrance" is listed as one of the ingredients.

C.O. Bigelow # 1200 could be another option. I haven't tried it, but I hear good things about it. I did smell it at the store, and I found the scent very neutral, almost non-existent.

C.O. Bigelow #1200 ... $15 for 100ml bottle. A little expensive, but worth it.

Available at some (not all) Bath & Body Works ... ask around in your area to find out which are the larger stores tath carry the whole line of Bigelow products.

Top Bottom