What's new

Does anyone know anything about this Razor?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I don't have anything on the razor but the blade look in a good shape...

I hope it is a decent blade. Ive bought 2 blades in the last week and I know nothing about straights yet. I need to find a decent cheap strop and someone to hone them for me.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I hope it is a decent blade. Ive bought 2 blades in the last week and I know nothing about straights yet. I need to find a decent cheap strop and someone to hone them for me.

If it's not good, you didn't pay much for it, so it's not all bad. I see the point is muted so it will be easier as a first blade. The pitting doesn't look too bad on side 1 (the other side is hopefully similar - no rust/pitting near the edge). The size looks like a 5/8 but then, you can measure it when you get it.

The best way to know if it's a good shaver or not is to have it honed and try it. It's a German blade, I wouldn't be too worried.

JW Crancer will be the US retailer of the razor. Because it was made in Germany, it probably came from Solingen which means it's a quality blade. It certainly looks in pretty good condition. Get it honed up and I think you'll find it's a good shaving straight.

Top Bottom