of the brutal Slants or Ikon model
or any of The aggressive razors
my stash of blades is collected with
lasting my lifetime as a goal, I have
All of my Top Tier favorites hundreds
and hundreds of them however I'm
Always going to have some
Dorco-ST300 on hand.......

I tried some of them because my first razor came with 12 of them but I got other blades very quickly because I did not like those blades at all. In fact of all the de blades I have tried(not that many) those are the ones I swear I will never use again especially when there are so many great blades out there that don't cost all that much.

I just completed a blind test in which I compared the ST 300 to Derby Extras. I used a RR Mentor, which is very similar to the V3A that you mention. The Derbys won the test handily. The Dorcos just weren't sharp enough to give me a close shave.

I'm glad you like them, though.

I tried one of them not long ago in my R41. It wasn't bad at all but only lasted about 3 shaves. But since you can find them for about 5 cents each in bulk, 2 or 3 shaves per blade is still not expensive.

My grandfather really, really likes them because he can get about 10 shaves from one blade and nothing has topped it. I've sent him so many other brands and nope, he still prefers dorco. But I should mention he only does a single pass and he's happy with the results. I don't care for them, they're not very good and I still have about 100 that I picked up for $5 earlier this year.

Ya the various rebranded Weishi's you can buy at many stores often come packaged with dorco 301s which I didn't like at all in the Weishi or Merkur 23c and 39c.

However they surprised me by being very comfortable in my Gillette NEWs SC and LC but only good for a few shaves tops. Both the 300 and 301s.

I used them exclusively for several months when I first came back to DE shaving in 2014. They came with my MTO. Still have about 8 or so blades. I found I like Gillette Silver Blues and Astra SP's much better, and haven't used the Dorco's since I settled on the others.

I just completed a blind test in which I compared the ST 300 to Derby Extras. I used a RR Mentor, which is very similar to the V3A that you mention. The Derbys won the test handily. The Dorcos just weren't sharp enough to give me a close shave.

I'm glad you like them, though.

Less sharp than a Derby? Well, I'll probably never try one now.

There is not much love here for Dorco Blades. My son gets a months worth of shaves from 1 blade & he loves them (light Beard type). I have X11 shaves on one blade but, usually 6-8 shaves is normal for my medium beard type. I think its a decent blade for me. One pass with touch up on trouble spots & I'm done. I just can't see 3-5 passes for a BBS shave.:w00t:

I don't mind the ST300 blades
I gave most of them away as free gifts on eBay, but I've still got some left over that came with my Micro Touch One razor
I can only get 2 no frills but acceptable shaves, but a 3rd shave feels like my face is being licked by a cat
I'll keep them in my rotation for variety

They are a better blade than I thought they would be.
I bought a MTO that came with the Dorco blades, I get about 5-6 shaves per blade.

I've only tried the Prime Platinums (the STP-301), and really liked them. I've never tried the ST-301 or ST-300, but judging by the reception they get in here, I haven't exactly been in a hurry to.

I like the Dorco 301 blades. They work great for me, are inexpensive and readily available. The 300s worked fine too for me.
yay dorco!!

OkThis is fantastic I'm getting just the number of different responses as I always thoughtit would be and I base that on the different results that people get from even the most popular and undisputed giants of high qualityblades..Since everyone is different andevery shave is different no matter howsmall the difference yesterday's shave just wasn't quite the same astoday's. ....and just thought i'd show alittle love for that unwelcome neighbor DORCO-ST300 sharing some shelf space with the Polsilvers & GSB'S ofthe DE world

Last edited:
I get excellent shaves with the st300 in my Gillette fat tech with the triangle holes. In my progress, not so much.

I have gotten one really good shave from an st300 once. The second shave was horrible and I haven't tried it again.

I have gotten one really good shave from an st300 once. The second shave was horrible and I haven't tried it again.
Ok now Moody all you did. ..was fall off your bike and...you know what that means. .get on back up there and give it another ,shot... the infamous ST-300 need a little. ..love. ..and I as the Dorco COP,,SENTENCE YOU TO ONE WEEK..OF 3 PASS SHAVES WITH Dorco ST-300. ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom