What's new

Does anyone here have a craftsman straight?

I just picked up a craftsman today for pretty cheap. It needs a good bit of tlc, but I mainly got it just to add to the collection. Does anyone have any info on the shave quality of these guys?

I've had a couple... all pretty good shavers... some were made by ern which imho are better shavers but the chrome ones are good too...

Forget the tlc. Return it to Sears and they'll replace it.

Never heard of them, but honestly, I'd have to get one just to say I shaved with a Craftsman. :D

Pics?

Ern

proxy.php

Other craftsman

proxy.php

There is a same one as above except crushed ice scales

Wow. I was kidding about the returning to Sears thing, but they REALLY ARE Sears and Roebuck CRAFTSMAN razors! Wow.

Yeah. I need one of those.

Last edited:
This thread is a car wreck on the highway. I REALLY don't want to look, but I'm just a dirty rubbernecker! I think this just became my Moby Dick.

I have a Craftsman razor from Ern. Not the one already pictured in this thread, though, as it doesn't have the fancy engraving or whatnot along the top. I'm still looking for one like that. You'll see them on Ebay often, but the condition is often pretty bad.

I have a Craftsman razor from Ern. Not the one already pictured in this thread, though, as it doesn't have the fancy engraving or whatnot along the top. I'm still looking for one like that. You'll see them on Ebay often, but the condition is often pretty bad.

The spine work isn't all that fancy but if u can find one with the gold plate still intact that would be a gem

This thread is a car wreck on the highway. I REALLY don't want to look, but I'm just a dirty rubbernecker! I think this just became my Moby Dick.

I have one, stamped "Richartz--Solingen" on the show side, along with a whale. So the Moby Dick analogy is not that far off. Great shaver.

I don't have one yet but I do have a Craftsman strop which is my daily driver. And I've got a box of Craftsman DE blades in my Gillette display.

Did they make a de razor? It seems that they would have, but I suppose Gillette and others more or less dominated that market.

LOL this thread just made craftsman straights demand go up a few percentage points... wonder how much the next straight razor will go for on eBay now.

Top Bottom