What's new

Does anyone have or uses a program to keep track of their tobacco

Was thinking if I start ordering and cellaring what I have , be nice to keep track of it easy.
I use tobaccocellar.com - the only drawback is the initial data entry, but if you're starting from close to scratch it's a no brainer.

Thepipetool.com let's you keep track of both pipes and tobacco, but I started with tobaccocellar and am used to it.

Those are the only two I know of...try them out and see if either one meets your needs.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I like Tobacco cellar, also It's a little quirky, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

I started out using tobacco cellar, but then they went offline for like 3 days and I switched to using a Google Sheet...

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The subject has come up before and my position was that I didn't have enough in my cellar to make it worth while, plus I'm basically too lazy to fool with it. I now have enough in my cellar where it may be useful, but I remain too lazy to fool with it! I've bought most of my cellar contents from Smokingpipes and they keep track of your purchases, but that doesn't help me find where I stashed it all!

I started using tobacco .com, but I tried to add Finks Golden cavendish (which isnt golden anymore after 15 yrs)
and it isnt on the list and I cant see a place to add it, no biggie, Im saving it for when I need to cut something.

I started using tobacco .com, but I tried to add Finks Golden cavendish (which isnt golden anymore after 15 yrs)
and it isnt on the list and I cant see a place to add it, no biggie, Im saving it for when I need to cut something.
If you mean tobaccocellar, there's an option to "add a blend" at the bottom of the "my account" page.

I used to think this was silly. (just being honest).
Now I wish I had. A complete diary of every tin bought as well as every pipe including prices, ages etc.

I use The Pipe Tool. Like others have said the entry is time consuming. I entered every tin and weighted and entered every jar. Had empty jars for tare weight. It took me over a week and when I got done it said I have 98.3 pounds and 193 different tobacco's. It didn't really break it down the way I would have liked. Like if you had 1 tin from 2010 @2.5 and 2 tins @2.5 from 2011 @ 2.5 oz and 3 @ 8oz it lumped them all together. 6 tons 31.5 oz even when they where entered separately. That's where I guit entering. Still have as much or more too go. Thinking I might try tobacco cellar with some of the remaining and see how it breaks it down.

It takes time but I feel it is worth it just to see how much McClelland tobacco I have.

I use The Pipe Tool. Like others have said the entry is time consuming. I entered every tin and weighted and entered every jar. Had empty jars for tare weight. It took me over a week and when I got done it said I have 98.3 pounds and 193 different tobacco's. It didn't really break it down the way I would have liked. Like if you had 1 tin from 2010 @2.5 and 2 tins @2.5 from 2011 @ 2.5 oz and 3 @ 8oz it lumped them all together. 6 tons 31.5 oz even when they where entered separately. That's where I guit entering. Still have as much or more too go. Thinking I might try tobacco cellar with some of the remaining and see how it breaks it down.

It takes time but I feel it is worth it just to see how much McClelland tobacco I have.
Tobaccocellar's user interface is straight out of 1992, but it gives you a much better breakdown. The front page tells you how many containers you have, total tobacco weight of each blend, average age, and age of the oldest container. You can drill down and it individually lists each container's specifics.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Wow, congrats on nearing the century mark!!

If you send those mclelland to me, Ill enter it on my tab and keep a keen eye on it lol..

Tobacco Cellar here also. I don't keep it up to date as I should, but it works pretty well. It's also easy to catch up when I make the time.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For pipe tobacco, I buy a pouch, smoke it, and might buy another pouch a few weeks later.

As for nasal snuff, I have several kilos in tins and glass jars. Never seen the need for a tracking programme. Why bother when I can just open a cupboard door or drawer?

All I do when the snuff box gets empty, is look at the stuff that's easy got get to, and choose from that. If I don't fancy anything I see, I rummage deeper.

Top Bottom