What's new

Does anyone have just one soap?

1652746092788.gif

I used one soap for a long time. AoS sandalwood puck. It came in a wooden bowl. It lasted what seemed like years as I shaved every couple weeks. I had no idea of the artisan options at the time.

I like variety but I can see how quickly the SAD can get out of hand. I have four primary soaps that I have been using in a rotation of one week at a time. Tallow Tabac, Turtleship Coconut, Proraso Red Cream and Cella. Then I have Arko, which gets used once in a while and a couple pucks of Williams that I received in a pif, which I haven’t tried yet. When I 3017 a soap I will buy a new brand to try. Looking forward to eventually trying Saponificio Varesino, Grooming Department, MDC, PDP, B&M and PAA. One at a time though 🙂. It might take a while.

At one point in my not too distant past, I had 186 different soaps and creams in the shave cave. Now, after careful consideration of my likes and dislikes, I can proudly say that I was able weed through the entire collection and get down to a mere 185.

If I could have just one soap, it would be MWF, being unscented I could then use it as a base by superlathering it with a cream for scent.

Top Bottom