What's new

Does anyone else HATE attempting to load the Schick Type B-1 Repeating Razor ?

Hi all,

Ugggggh......despite my watching (over and over) two videos on Youtube on how to load a Schick Type B-1 Repeating Injector Razor, I'm am just all THUMBS! I really dig the Razor
(I have three) but, Man, I can't stand messing with this system. Oooh, despite my HATING messing with the whole "Cartridge Carrier/Spring thing", my R.A.D. is so bad/out of control, I couldn't resist purchasing this today :
upload_2019-6-18_18-48-47.png

My only repeater is a C-1. The internals are jammed shut. So I load it with a pair of needle nose pliers, just grab it with pliers an push it in place. Not the easiest, but not too bad either. I get 20-30 shaves from a Chick bade and Have many other razors in rotation, so I've only had to do it a couple times.

I have a Type A, B, and C, but I don't remember the sub types (they are stored in my garage after a move, and I'm not motivated to search for them). I keep them as a part of my collection, but am not interested in actually using them--there are too many later injectors that provide me perfectly good shaves. Maybe some day..., but not today.

Hi all,

Truth be known, I am "all Thumbs" attempting to load this Razor because, I am not familiar with this Razor as I haven't yet used it and have no experience Shaving with this unique tool. I have no doubt (like most anything else) that once one becomes familiar/use to handling/learning all the little "details" of operation, I suspect it would be a "piece of Cake" to load/unload this ULTRA COOL Razor.

SixCats!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've one of those, as well as each of the other "Repeater" Types .. I know they all work, but I use them so infrequently that my aged mind doesn't remember the drill, and even the so-called "Simplified" Type C is a pita .. I'll admit to loading modern blades directly like Troy, above, more often than trying to figure them out..

I've had good luck getting my repeaters to perform as intended with modern blades. Of the five I have, only two are finicky. I have an A, B1, B2, C1 and C2. The B2 is sticky. It doesn't like to load new blades and the plunger has a tendency to want to jam. The C2 has a similar problem but not quite as jam prone. My A, B1 and C1 on the other hand all operate flawlessly.

I think that these razors can become finicky over time from over use of the blade loading apparatus or just simply time. I mine regularly (at least two repeater shaves a week) and fine that they are not only "cool" razors with a fascinating history but also great shaving implements

I've had good luck getting my repeaters to perform as intended with modern blades. Of the five I have, only two are finicky. I have an A, B1, B2, C1 and C2. The B2 is sticky. It doesn't like to load new blades and the plunger has a tendency to want to jam. The C2 has a similar problem but not quite as jam prone. My A, B1 and C1 on the other hand all operate flawlessly.

I think that these razors can become finicky over time from over use of the blade loading apparatus or just simply time. I mine regularly (at least two repeater shaves a week) and fine that they are not only "cool" razors with a fascinating history but also great shaving implements
I agree that they are great shavers. In fact, I think it is a better shaver than any of the other injector types that I have tried (an E and an I; I don't have extensive injector experience).

D

dangerousrazor

Tried the loading system today. It is an unused one loaded with a copper dummy blade. Filled the catridge with 5 used blades and it worked perfectly.

Top Bottom