What's new

Does anyone carry a hipfold/hipster/euro wallet (or whatever they are called)

I use one of those money clip/wallet deals. Smaller than traditional wallet and you easily can put it in your front pocket. Has pockets for all your credit cards and other things, plus it has a special see-thru pocket for your license or ID.

$imagesCARR5HFP.jpg

$image.jpg
This is what I have been carrying in my front pocket. I'm not as fond of it as I thought I would be, it takes too long to get my phone out of it when I get a call. Normally I had a front pocket wallet and phone in the same pocket so I thought this would consolidate but I find I keep my phone in a lower pants pocket when at work. I paid $45 for it with tax. The only time I really like it is for traveling and I keep it in my upper coat pocket, then it's pretty suave.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 38
I went on-line to purchase replacement plastic wallet inserts and found out that I've been carrying a "hipster wallet" for decades. Since long before they were called "hipster wallets."

This won't dissuade me from carrying one. Not that I have anything against hipsters.

I just find the term rather humorous.

I use a small style for when I exercise or travel . Takes one card, one ID and cash. All have RIF since I have had cards cloned...every year...

It is not that kind of "hipster". It is essentially just a bi-fold wallet that is taller than it is wide.
Tall ones are meant for inside coat pockets, not pants.
Exactly. I've seen that style referred to as a "coat wallet" or "breast wallet". As @patten1969 noted, they go into the inside pocket of a coat or jacket. They generally look like this:

proxy.php

If it has a large pocket on one side (for a passport), then some people call it a "traveler" (I just call it a coat wallet with a passport pocket). I carry one when I fly for business:

proxy.php

For everyday/work use, I have a regular bifold with a coin purse:

proxy.php

When I wear a suit, I carry a slim bifold (no coin purse, fewer card slots):

proxy.php

When I'm cycling, hiking, etc., I use a mini-cardholder (holds a driver's license, 1 or 2 credit cards, $20 bill, house key). Small enough to stash in your sock, if necessary:

proxy.php

It dawns on me that I have too many wallets. And most of them cost more than the money that they hold. But, I internally justify it because they all have a specific purpose. (Just keep telling yourself that :laugh:)

I've been using the same Flowfold (vanguard) bifold wallet made from sailcloth since 2015. I did get s spare and I don't think I will ever need it lol. Their description says it weighs as much as three 8X11 sheets of paper.

Perfect post, perfect guide to wallets. You still need a money clip :)
After buying all those wallets, I don't have any money to put in a money clip!

Seriously, though, I have several money clips. Most were gifts from companies that I consulted for, so they have company logos, town crests/mottos, etc. on them. But, I did buy one that is almost identical to the mini cardholder, but instead of a money pocket, it has a spring-loaded clip to hold bills:

proxy.php

The first time that I used it, I pulled it from my pocket and the hinge got compressed or something and dumped my bills on the floor. I was in a checkout line and I could see everyone's eyes fixate on the money. All we needed was for someone to yell "Scramble!" and there might have been a riot. :laugh:

Anyway, I went back to regular wallets after that.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I absolutely need a thinner, lighter one as I carry it in my front pocket and am generally wearing straight leg Dockers. So I will cross the Saddleback off the list. The Saddleback looks really great though. Probably more suited for someone wearing jeans who carries it in their back pocket maybe?

I've been using a Rogue front pocket wallet for a few years - very nice.

Well, the wallet bug hit me again and I couldn't resist buying the Fossil "Derrick" RFID Magnetic Credit Card Case. I didn't need another one, but I had no choice when I saw the model name. :biggrin1:

Anyway, here are some photos...

It arrived in a nice-looking metal display box:
proxy.php

The model name, specs, colour, etc.:
proxy.php

Card pockets on the front side:
proxy.php

The magnetic money clip on the back:
proxy.php

Loaded up with cash and cards:
proxy.php

It's slim and compact; easily fits into a shirt breast pocket or front pants pocket without bulging. It's a tight fit, but you can cram five cards into it. (I have no idea if the RFID-blocking actually works)

The magnet in the money clip is large and very strong. It doesn't accidentally spring open like the hinged, mechanical clip in the card case/money clip that I mentioned in an earlier post.

The build-quality is excellent. The leather is smooth, thick, and sturdy-feeling. The stitching is uniform. The "FOSSIL" logo is deeply- and cleanly-embossed.

Overall, I'm pleased with it. I don't think that it will replace any of my regular wallets, but I might use it if I ever need to "go light". I'm not sure that I'll need the RFID protection, but I guess it's a useful throw-in.

I'm not sure if this type is something a hipster would carry. Just got it off Amazon. Certainly lots there to choose from, seem to be a lot of knockoffs too. It works well and is very minimal. I definitely like to change up my wallet on a regular basis.

IMG_20200320_051711.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have been using a dedicated non-folding front pocket wallet for many years, since my doc told me carrying a wallet in my back pocket was detrimental to my back and contributing to my painful back problems. After trying a couple of types, I settled on the Coach version without the money clip, and haven’t looked back. My first one lasted for years, and I only swapped it out because I got a cooler one to replace it. In Coach language they call it a men’s card case. Fits the best in my pocket, and built like a tank. And there are tons of aesthetic designs to match any personality. My current wallet has Pac-Man on it. :). Here is a generic version.

D4CCE53D-684A-435D-9043-8CB7F071ECD0.jpeg

Top Bottom