What's new

Does anybody want my remaining Feather blades?

Good afternoon all.

Just to let you all know the Feather blades have been requested by a member and therefore no longer available. However if I decide to offer any more blades then I will post a thread accordingly.

Jason.

Good morning.

I have decided the Feathers are not for me. They are too harsh on my skin and gave me a bad cut on today’s shave. Rather than throwing them out someone else can have them. There are 8 blades remaining in the pack. They will be posted free. If anybody wants them please message me. First come first served so be quick!

Jason.

Nice offer, Jason, but it appears to me that you might be fairly new to shaving with safety razors.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but if you are new to this kind of shaving you might want to hang on to at least a few of these Feather blades.

Over the years, I have seen many posts of people who - after a year or two - tried something again that they initially did not care for and found that they actually did like it very much.

Feather blades are generally liked and it could be that with some more shaves under your belt you might start liking them too…

Best…

B.

Nice offer, Jason, but it appears to me that you might be fairly new to shaving with safety razors.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but if you are new to this kind of shaving you might want to hang on to at least a few of these Feather blades.
Good afternoon Brutus.

I am still fairly new to safety razors; yes. I started out with that Beautytrack razor that was a cheap thing off eBay. Though it was better than my Mach3 it started to develop some issues with the blade alignment but given that it was cheap as chips I really wasn't that bothered.

There are two packs of Feather blades that came in the sample pack that someone sent to me. See my other post for details.

I did a lot of research on safety razors and even visited the shaving shops with my wife to handle some of them. In the end I opted for the Merkur 39c Sledgehammer because I just really liked its weight and how it felt on my skin.

However I still have a long way to go in terms of learning its full potential. I am making a lot of strides with it and I really really love the quality shave it delivers. I could never go back to using a Mach3 as it feels so tacky and toy-like.

I am still getting some very minor nicks on my neck area. Please can someone help me with this. Am I doing something wrong? Am I trying to get too close on the neck? I get superlative results on the rest of my face; its just my neck area I am still trying to master.

Jason.

I am still getting some very minor nicks on my neck area. Please can someone help me with this. Am I doing something wrong? Am I trying to get too close on the neck? I get superlative results on the rest of my face; its just my neck area I am still trying to master.

Jason.

Hello Jason,

do you pay enough attention to the shaving angle in the neck area?
After all, it is an area where it is easy to unintentionally use a steeper than ideal angle.

There are some shavers who like steeper angles, but coming from straight razor shaving I know that it does not take much to go from ‘shaving’ to ‘scraping’ when the angle becomes too steep and that flatter angles work better for me.

Make also sure that the skin is pulled tight enough in the neck area, as the skin is fairly loose here.
I use the three (spread apart) middle fingers of my free hand to do that.

Hope this is of any use to you…

B.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hopefully you are using a blade known to be smoother, now. The key is to REALLY lighten up on the pressure, Jason. Almost none in those areas. Don’t be too particular if there’ a little micro stubble left there.

Over time, two things will happen, you’ll develop better technique, and that area should become a little less sensitive. It will still be more sensitive than it is now, but less so. Lighten up there for a while.

Hello Jason,

After all, it is an area where it is easy to unintentionally use a steeper than ideal angle.

There are some shavers who like steeper angles, but coming from straight razor shaving I know that it does not take much to go from ‘shaving’ to ‘scraping’ when the angle becomes too steep and that flatter angles work better for me.

Make also sure that the skin is pulled tight enough in the neck area, as the skin is fairly loose here.

B.
Thanks. I'll try that and let you know how I get on in the neck department. Like I said I have no issues with the rest of my face; its just the neck I am still mastering. I asked my wife to be as objective as possible when I asked her ''how does my skin look with the Sledgehammer compared to the Mach3?'' and she did indeed mention that my skin looks smoother and cleaner.

Jason.

Just a big thank you to Jason as the feathers arrived today.
Very much appreciated..
IMG_20211013_193923938.jpg

Just a big thank you to Jason as the feathers arrived today.
Very much appreciated..
View attachment 1344955
Much obliged! Thanks for including a pic of my hand written note! Shows my sincerity and respect on this forum!

If I do wish to offer any blades for PIF'ing then they will be posted on this thread accordingly. No point in me starting a new thread.

Jason.

Hello Jason,

B.
I have picked up some tips from your reply. Sorry it has been a while; life has been so hectic at work plus the late night travelling doesn't help.

I have been learning to tension the skin on my neck a bit better. I am getting far less nicks than before. The slicing action of the 39c Sledgehammer (being a slant razor obviously) helps. Also trying different blades but thats for another thread.

Now this is going to throw a spanner in the works. How good are open comb razors for tricky neck hair? Or am I starting to run before I can walk in mentioning that?

Finally after having said all of the above, I used to get severe bumps on my neck with the Mach3. The Sledgehammer has reduced them a lot; though still having room for improvement.

Jason.

Top Bottom