What's new

Does anybody add extra scent to Clubman ?

I like to add witch hazel to Clubman so I have some smaller 3oz containers pre-mixed with 70/30 Clubman/WH blend ( plus a dash of glycerine ). While nice on the face it 'mutes' the Clubman to a certain extent so I started thinking.

The wife has been working from home lately and invested in one of those essential oil diffuser doohickies, and has a surprisingly nice collection of essential oils to go along with it. Today I borrowed a few drops of lemongrass and sweet orange, and put them in my Clubman/WH mix. Yummy is all I can report.

Anybody else try to snazz up their Clubman by adding something? If so, what was it and how do you feel it turned out?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’m no scentmiester, in fact only recently started using after shave splashes. I’m partial to the drugstore classics, they all smell good to me and offer great value. I figure the guys at Pinaud know what they’re doing, they’ve been at it a while. I’m all for experimentation, but not when it comes to fragrance. Plus I like the smell of Arko....so there’s that.

I’m no scentmiester, in fact only recently started using after shave splashes. I’m partial to the drugstore classics, they all smell good to me and offer great value. I figure the guys at Pinaud know what they’re doing, they’ve been at it a while. I’m all for experimentation, but not when it comes to fragrance. Plus I like the smell of Arko....so there’s that.
Oddly enough adding lemongrass scent to Clubman made it smell more like Arko :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oh my! Another Arko Brother from another mother!

Back in July I rubbed Arko on one side of my face and some Brut hand soap on the other and face lathered it all together. NOW THAT was a strange thing my friend!

I will be revisiting that combo!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like to add witch hazel to Clubman so I have some smaller 3oz containers pre-mixed with 70/30 Clubman/WH blend ( plus a dash of glycerine ). While nice on the face it 'mutes' the Clubman to a certain extent so I started thinking.

The wife has been working from home lately and invested in one of those essential oil diffuser doohickies, and has a surprisingly nice collection of essential oils to go along with it. Today I borrowed a few drops of lemongrass and sweet orange, and put them in my Clubman/WH mix. Yummy is all I can report.

Anybody else try to snazz up their Clubman by adding something? If so, what was it and how do you feel it turned out?
I will have to try doing that with some Bergamot I have!

I did a mix today, just to start using my modern Clubman and not use up all my vintage. It was 2 parts Clubman, 1 part Witch Hazel, dash of glycerin and a dash of menthol. Afterwards I finished with a spritz of Canoe cologne.

Top Bottom