What's new

Does aftershave change over time?

While rooting around through some things I found an old bottle of Lagerfeld AS. By old I mean back from my bachelor days, over 20yrs ago. Naturally I splashed some on after my next shave. It still had the scent I remember and it felt good on my face but it had no burn. I've got to admit that after literally 2 decades, I really don't remember if this product had much of a burn or not. Has anybody else experienced a change in an aftershave after a long period of not being used? Does anybody even know if Lagerfeld has much of the burn effect?

1) I have several old aftershaves and all smell the same to me now as they always did. As a matter of fact I have a small bottle of Lagerfeld somewhere and I've have to ferret that out. I don't remember if it's an AS or EdT/EdC.

2) I've only started splashing my AS on a freshly shaven face. I used to use those interchangeably with fragrances.

3) If mine is an AS I'll gladly let you know about the burn.

p.s. I'm not a chemist but I suspect if any of the ingredients evaporate, and therefore disappear over time, I would expect that to be the alcohol component.

Top Bottom