What's new

Doctor Who - Warning, Spoilers!

My wife and I discussed it on the way home.. Everything points to the Tardis. Does anyone recall who entered the Tardis before they died? Missy's lines are all things we think the Tardis would make..

Fun stuff.. Excited for the next episode?

My money's on Missy being Tasha Lem's previously unknown sister. One looks after in the real world, one in the Nethersphere....

Moffat double-psyched everybody by setting up the most obvious choice, then going with it. Turned out great. Now if he can just avaoid having the Master die yet again.....

By far the best episode of the season. I think Capaldi will be edging out even the classic Doctors by the time he's finished. He was electrifying this episode.

Just watched it, interesting episode. If you'd have told me they were going to end the season with the return of The Master and Cybermen, I'd have been disappointed with the news. I thought it was a good episode, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the same old same. I don't mind The Master so much, it's been a while, but the Cybermen I'm not intrigued with in the least. I know, party pooper.

They did a pretty good setup n this last episode. Missy is a much better actress than the Master IMO. I liked the plot. Very well put together.

Good episode that would have been even better if Pink had pushed the button which I presume would end his being. Clara actually had my favorite line in the show. After Missy forced herself on the Doctor and was making out with him, she intimated that she might do the same to Clara to which she replied, "That's OK, I'm good!"

Knowing from the previews that the Cybermen were in it, the whole dark water thing looked so similar to the Tomb of the Cybermen episode with Doc2, that it wasn't that surprising to me. I like that they regenerated the Master into the Mistress, if only that they introduced a female psychopath besides Donna :)001_tt2:). That and they established gender change for future Doctors.

Such a letdown. This was the perfect setup to bring back The Rani and they blew it. The Rani worked in biochemistry, had no problem experimenting on humans, and Rani means Mistress. I thought that's where they were going with it, but they pull out the Master and the Cybermen again. They keep using the same big bads and have diminished the impact and the danger. They (and the Daleks) have become the Borg.

Good episode that would have been even better if Pink had pushed the button which I presume would end his being. Clara actually had my favorite line in the show. After Missy forced herself on the Doctor and was making out with him, she intimated that she might do the same to Clara to which she replied, "That's OK, I'm good!"
I LOVED the doctors comment at the beginning: "Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?". That describes the Doctor's life so succinctly IMO

After watching today's episode I went on Amazon Prime and watched some of the older, Matt Smith episodes. IMO, the Matt Smith episodes are much better than any of the Capaldi episodes.

Such a letdown. This was the perfect setup to bring back The Rani and they blew it. The Rani worked in biochemistry, had no problem experimenting on humans, and Rani means Mistress. I thought that's where they were going with it, but they pull out the Master and the Cybermen again. They keep using the same big bads and have diminished the impact and the danger. They (and the Daleks) have become the Borg.
I like the way you think.:thumbup1:

After watching today's episode I went on Amazon Prime and watched some of the older, Matt Smith episodes. IMO, the Matt Smith episodes are much better than any of the Capaldi episodes.
I did not particularly care for Smith and Tennant. The best doctors after the reboot for me are Eccleston and (indeed) Capaldi. My all-time favorite must be Baker. But Tom Baker also had bad episodes and toe curling companions.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Knowing from the previews that the Cybermen were in it, the whole dark water thing looked so similar to the Tomb of the Cybermen episode with Doc2, that it wasn't that surprising to me. ...

... says the guy with the Patrick Troughton avatar.

:001_rolle

The talk of the Rani made me watch the first Mark of the Rani episode last night. She would have been a bad *** as Missy.

Anthony Ainley as the Master was pure evil as opposed to the truly unhinged Master we got with Tennant. Does anyone else regret that we only got one episode of Derek Jacobi as the Master?

For those complaining about Capaldi, go watch some Colin Baker episodes. He makes Capaldi seem positively sugary in comparison.

Finally, Peri. It didn't help that she was in full 1800's garb from neck to toe in the Rani episode.....nothing to distract from the acting.

Top Bottom