What's new

DocPapi's Entry to the Hall of Fame

What is your real name?
Greg Stephens

What are your nicknames/aliases?
When I had motorcycles, I was known as Peacemaker, but that was a while ago.

Where do you live?
Fort Worth, TX

What is your age (or) generation?
I'm on the near side of my sixties.

What are you in the real world?
College professor (business management & leadership), husband of 37 years, father of five children, and many other things.

What is your favorite shave setup?
Just getting into it, about a month now, but I use an ATT Kronos M1 razor, silvertip badger brush from Edwin Jagger, and Proraso soap. Just started trying a different soap from Emily's Place, but I've only used it twice. Seems thinner than that Proraso. I also use Nivea sensitive aftershave lotion...sensitive skin has always been a problem for me when shaving.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Reading, church service, camping/hiking, and grandchildren...in no particular order.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I'm a latecomer to wet shaving, having spent most of my adult years using an electric shaver to try to avoid skin rashes, but I distinctly remember my father using a double-edged safety razor when I was a boy, and it always intrigued me. I figure I have another 3-4 years before retirement and then I can slow down and enjoy the luxury of wet shaving instead of feeling like I need to rush through it and get to work!

Welcome, Greg. I haven't used it in a while - but I found that Ems Place shave soaps did not need as much water as most other soaps and needed to be loaded to the brush a bit more.

Top Bottom