What's new

DocHoliday0831's journey into the abyss.

Wow. Gorgeous brushes! B&B friends are the best friends. Great shave, too.

I agree that b&b friends are in many ways far superior to all other online forum friends. Thanks for reading Spike and thanks for the kind words about the brushes, the photos do not do them justice at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shaves TJ. I'm thrilled that you're happy with the brushes, and can't wait to see what scales you come up with for the Feather.

3/9/18 (straight shave 13)

Huge me time relief this afternoon.

Needed some me time after a couple hectic days full of meetings and adulthood.

The roster

Cbl unscented preshave soap
Smattayu maple tuxedo brush
L’Occitane Cade soap (courtesy of @Smattayu)
Feather SS
Kai Titan Protouch 7
Alum
Thayer’s
PdP 63 aftershave balm

Again almost a BBS but still leaving a few spots DFS at best. Not sure what else to do but stay the course and keep trying.

Cub Scouting tomorrow and probably no shave til Sunday evening.

Have a wonderful weekend folks, thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

3/11/18 (SS 14)

Time changed and made me extremely tired. Lol who am I kidding the tired I have at this moment came from about 8 hours with the Tiger Cubs yesterday hammering out advancement achievements. We went on a couple of short hikes, played some team building games, had a fire department come out and teach fire safety, and a few other things I’m probably forgetting.

Today is hopefully going to be one of those relaxing type of days after I make a grocery store run and get a bit of spaghetti cooking for supper and leftovers for the week.

Today’s lineup

CBL unscented preshave soap
Black Ship Grooming “Two Bits” soap
CC sandstorm bowl
Smattayu Padauk w/cashmere knot
Feather SS
Kai Titan Protouch 8
Alum
Thayer’s
Nivea balm
Pinaud clubman special reserve splash

Well since my last few posts I think have confirmed that I’m still way less proficient with the SS as I am with Kate this one isn’t much different. Again a solid CCS to mostly DFS is all I could muster. Maybe this blade hates me when used in this razor. Quite honestly I enjoy some of the other AC blades much much better even when used with the RX.

This cashmere knot is an excellent deviation from the tuxedos and boar knots. Deviation isn’t the best term I suppose but I am super glad I added it to the rotation.

The soap may need some serious getting accustomed to. It is super powdery and I’m not really sure I like it.

Have a great Sunday folks thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

3/12/18 (SS count 14 and holding)

With SWMBO at a martial arts class tonight I have both boys and a freshly spayed shi-tzu by myself. With that said short sweet quick BBS was on deck.

Soap Commander Respect preshave and body soap
Stirling Boar
CC magma bowl
Kate
Kai Titan Protouch 9
Soap Commander Respect soap
Alum
Thayer’s
Soap Commander Respect balm
Razorock EO of lime splash if needed

It was really crap weather here today low 40’s and raining now sleeting and it’s March in eastern NC for crying out loud.

Well Kate and the Soap Commander Respect neither one disappoints any time I use it. Smooth and well more than a satisfactory shave. Let me add that no shave can get better as of yet than an RX shave short of me just laying back and Kate shaving me all by itself.

Thanks for reading, have a great Tuesday and rest of Monday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Top Bottom