What's new

Do you worry about the future ?

proxy.php

I will admit that at times I worry or become concerned about things outside of my very limited control. Some of the time I remember that I cannot add one foot or one minute to my life by being anxious about such things. Life is difficult to say the least and reliance on a solid cornerstone is crucial if I want to know a measure of peace in the midst of all the chaos.

People always worry about the future. It's why we study, work hard, save money, and invest in the education of our children. When you are prepared for the future and the problems it might bring, you greatly reduce the likelihood of these problems happening.

But we live lives better than any generation in history. We live decades longer, we are able to travel great distances with little cost or effort. You may see the food as dangerous or unfit to eat, but go back a century and before when people routinely died of food-borne illnesses, when one out of six women died in childbirth, and where nearly 40% of children didn't live long enough to reproduce. In the past, for the population to grow, each and every family had to have at least 5 children. In those days the young men of every generation had to march off to wars, and many of them never came back.

Rather than worrying about the future, you should be praying in gratitude for the life you have now.

I worry about the things I can control but most of it I dont because theres nothing I can do about it. Sure, the world is a mess right now but the world has always been a mess. We've made it this far and as the old saying goes: "I think theres a lot of tread left on them tires."
Or, as Tony Stark would say, "thats the how dad did it,thats how America does it and its worked out pretty well so far."

Last edited:
The world is already in the midst of the greatest extinction event ever; and it's caused by humans. Unless god gets of his throne and releases a plague or two soon this world wont be worth living on in 80 years. Not because it will be too hot but mass starvation as ecosystems collapse will make it very ugly. There is plenty to be concerned about and we need imformed voters to make informed choices now. That means pulling ones head out of the sand and having a good long look at what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is natural to have some anxieties about the future, whether that be for the future of the planet or for one's personal future. As many of the assembled members have said, there is little worth in worrying about that which you cannot control. Whilst I agree with that sentiment it isn't always the easiest of things to do.

Speaking personally, for that is I can do, I find many things to worry about. I tackle this by changing those things which are in my power and doing my best to accept those things which are not.

There is much to be said of having a strong faith in relinquishing these anxieties to the Lord. My faith is not where it once was and so I will admit to struggling to hand my fears over to He who knows far greater than I do.

I've done better than my Dad who did better than his. Both of my kids have more education than I and have good solid employment yet aren't at the same level I was at their age, mid 30's.
I fear for my twin 3 year old grand sons, what the future has in store for them.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've done better than my Dad who did better than his. Both of my kids have more education than I and have good solid employment yet aren't at the same level I was at their age, mid 30's.
I fear for my twin 3 year old grand sons, what the future has in store for them.
Yes.... I do worry a bit for the little ones. I suppose every generation has worried for the ones coming up behind us.....but then I realize that short of a zombie apocalypse, this next generation has the potential to reach the stars....at least the chance to colonize the moon.
But I admit, the odds ain't in their favor. I get to see the underbelly of society on daily basis.

Don t worry

The big rock will be here soon and hit the reset button

Then everything can start all over once again

Fear is a powerful emotion. Sadly, this is known and abused by the media and those in positions of power. I sometimes watch TV and I am surprised by how much of the news or TV plays on our fears. And if you watch the news or believe the fear promoted by people in positions of power then the logical conclusion is that the world is in the end days and we should stock up our shelters and hide. Those who control fear control the agenda....and us. But the truth is there is more goodness in the world than evil. If all you see is evil and fear then the world is a desperate place. However, if you seek to find the goodness in the world and try to spread a bit of goodness and forgiveness then there is hope. As Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see" (or something like that)...

Yes, praise FSM and all will be blissful!!! No, wait, I think it was the invisible teapot that did that. sorry

Top Bottom