What's new

Do you walk?

Steve, you are correct. And while years ago I owned a dog, not sure I am up to it today. And I live in a condo.

When my father retired someone gave him a dog. The two of em loved to walk.

Something to think about.

Walking is my prefered method of transport.

When walking with someone it's that nice middle ground of being able to have a proper conversation if needed and if not just share the wander.

Running seems harsh on my body, cycling is easier on me but comes with it's own issues and limitations, public transport is weird, driving too. Walking is something I can see myself honing into old age.

It's a wonderful moment when we make our first steps, but there are many wonderful steps still to take.

I spent a week in Florence with my wife, no children!, this summer. Walking was reported as 20-30k steps a day by her fitbit but that stat didn't really mean much to me. 20,000 steps here in Glasgow can be plain sailing for me, 20,000 steps in 37 degrees heat with 500 steps up a church tower and back down again is not the same as 1000 steps through the local park....wondering if newer fitbit type things take elevation into account.

Walking when the weather looks terrible outside is a wonderful idea, provided you don't end up having to spend a day in the office damp.

Top Bottom