What's new

Do you use face moisturizer?

As I age I am finding my skin is drier, especially in winter. Post shave I use Lucky Tiger and usually a AS balm, both of which I apply to my whole face. I find even then I sometimes need to add some moisturizer to address dryness. I use Nivea face cream or Jack Black face cream. Do you have a face cleaning/ moisturizing routine? Do you use face moisturizer and if yes, what brand do you use?

I use Nivea sensitive moisturer or Bulldog face moisturer on my face every morning after the shave and every night before going to bed. I'm 50.

This one works well and lasts the full 24 hours. Amazon reviews are like over 95% positive and I agree with the reviews
proxy.php

I’m 33 and I’m using bulldog, I did have a sample of Kiehl’s and that was excellent! However it’s expensive

Eucerin is great stuff. I use a pre-shave oil which is a moisturizing step, then I generally use a cream like vaseline intensive care or Aveeno after the aftershave

I use Neutrogena oil-free moisture with SPF 15 during the day and Nivea night cream. I'm not that old but I'm fair-skinned.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I use a moisturizer after most shaves. If I have had a bad shave and use a balm then I don't use the moisturizer. If my shave is a good or great shave I just use Emu Oil Lotion and then spray a cologne on my neck and chest. I find for me that the Emu Oil Lotion can also help with minor shave burn as well. As always though YMMV.

I rotate between the drug store men’s facial moisturizers ...Dove, Neutrogena, and Nivea. I just pick up whatever is on sale when I am almost out of current one. I am currently using the Dove one.

For about the last 3 years after my nightly shower and just before retiring I use "Baxter of California" Shave Balm. Feels great and can't hurt; just trying to slow down father time.

I'm 71 and can't remember trying a face moisturizer more than a couple times in my life. I just don't like the feel of it. I don't even use a hand cream unless my fingers split and I see blood.

I use a moisturizer after I shave and before I put on a sunscreen. I burn easily and have not found a moisturizer with SPF that is really effective and the sunscreens that are effective seem a bit drying to me.

Right now, I'm using Kiehl's Facial Fuel, but I sometimes use something I pick up at Target, and Blue Lizard Face Sunscreen, that sunscreen beats anything from Neutrogena or other mass retailer sunscreens I've tried. And my dermatologist recommended it.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, I do not use any moisturizing cream or lotion, but I do use highly moisturizing Marseille soaps in cube shape. My skin is so soft and hydrated that no additional product is needed!

Top Bottom