What's new

Do you use an ink dump bottle?

I have two bottles. One for blue and green inks and one for everything else. Most of the time I write a pen dry but not always.

I will put the dregs of a sample if I don’t like the sample particularly. Some inks just don’t work in some pens so I will put that in the dregs bottle.

I use that ink occasionally for fun and to see what it’s up to. the ink sits in the bottle for a long time so if there should ever be issues it would show up long before I used it. I don’t put Noodler’s Bay State inks in and any that seem off.

I have mixed many inks from different brands together. It’s fun to try for different colors. I always do small quantities and they are left in a vial for a week or so to see if there is any reaction.

I have two bottles. One for blue and green inks and one for everything else. Most of the time I write a pen dry but not always.

I will put the dregs of a sample if I don’t like the sample particularly. Some inks just don’t work in some pens so I will put that in the dregs bottle.

I use that ink occasionally for fun and to see what it’s up to. the ink sits in the bottle for a long time so if there should ever be issues it would show up long before I used it. I don’t put Noodler’s Bay State inks in and any that seem off.

I have mixed many inks from different brands together. It’s fun to try for different colors. I always do small quantities and they are left in a vial for a week or so to see if there is any reaction.
I can definitely see the use for it for dumping samples that you will not use again. I seem to have many samples that will never be used again and could be dumped. Have you had bad reactions in your dump bottle?

I have not had any bad reactions. I don’t put in any of the three Noodler’s Bay State inks. I also haven’t put in any of the inks with shimmer particles. In 10 years I have less than 30 ml so not a lot.

I use it once in a while with a dip pen just because. And I used it recently in a pen that maybe ought to be thrown away. The resin used in the cheap pen hadn’t cured adequately and it broke. I have a nib that needed work so I put the nib in the pen to do so. The ink was an interesting gray - green and there were no problems with it.

I have not had any bad reactions. I don’t put in any of the three Noodler’s Bay State inks. I also haven’t put in any of the inks with shimmer particles. In 10 years I have less than 30 ml so not a lot.

I use it once in a while with a dip pen just because. And I used it recently in a pen that maybe ought to be thrown away. The resin used in the cheap pen hadn’t cured adequately and it broke. I have a nib that needed work so I put the nib in the pen to do so. The ink was an interesting gray - green and there were no problems with it.
Very cool! I agree with the exclusion of the Bay State line and shimmer inks. They would probably not be good in there. I bought a couple of empty bottles at some time so I most likely start using one of them as my "dump" bottle. Unwanted samples, emptying a converter, emptying a cartridge etc. Good place to put it. 👍

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Back in the dark ages my pen shop guy (now a distant memory) had a dump bottle that he used for demonstration. He would also just dip a nib in ink so I could try it so as to not ink a brand new pen he was selling. Personally I wouldn’t need something like that.

I have a dump bottle but is rarely used. Some day I will try the witches brew that is in it with a cheap dip pen :)
Magic Potion Cat GIF by Pusheen

I average 2600 words a day. Each morning, I empty into the same color if I'm not changing it or into the black ink if I am changing colors. I only use Monteverde ink. I don't care if colors get corrupted. They all scan black anyway. Here is some from today.
IMG_2023_05_26_05_57_55S.jpg

Top Bottom