What's new

Do you use aftershave?

Aftershaves always. I have oily skin so I prefer alcohol based splashes which leave a dry, smooth feeling.
Balms, rarely to never. Balms leave a tacky, oily feeling.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I do use aftershave but not usually on my face. I shave before I shower so after I have done both I usually apply Emu Oil Lotion to my face and then either use a spray cologne or I dribble the aftershave down my chest so that you still get the lovely scent of the aftershave. I have just found for me that the Emu Oil Lotion is the best aftershave balm.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I remember back in the day using aftershave always led to that stinging feeling on a freshly shaved face. Then a lot of people said aftershave was bad for the skin as it dried it out.

Lately however more and more people have added it back into their regime.

So today I tried it and yes the stinging sensation was there but it wasn’t that bad a feeling. The only issue is that I want to use a balm over it but the balm has its own smell which will contradict the aftershave aroma.

For those that use aftershave do you buy a balm which has no fragrance to it?

I currently use Barts Balms which I have to say are exceptional and smell fantastic too. Therein lies the dilemma.

Thanks for any input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use Old Spice and have for the past 55 years.

What do you use the balm for? If you need some moisturization, just use an a/s with glycerin.
That’s what they make it for. As far as ‘the burn’ that’s from pressing too hard on your face
with your razor. I do a 3 pass bbs shave with touch ups, put V.I. bay rum on my face, and I
get a slight sting, that’s it. No ‘burning’, and V.I. bay rum is supposed to BURN!
HINT: if you apply witch hazel before the a/s ,it won’t ‘burn’ as much.
Get yourself some a/s with glycerin, and leave the balm at Clinique counter where it belongs.

I sometimes use alum but always use a couple of splashes of 86% witch hazel with a few pinches of menthol crystals in it. No alcohol burn. Feels nice, smells nice.

Top Bottom