What's new

Do You Use Aftershave After Ever Shave?

As you can see in my avatar I have three Maol Grooming aftershaves (Heliopteris is my favourite), so the short answer is yes; I don't even need to because I have oily skin, but I think it's nourishing and speeds up healing after a close shave.

I always use aftershave, usually something scented, followed by a balm. If I'm shaving at night, I'll often skip the splash and just use some balm.

For me, the scented splash adds an enjoyable element to the post shave, and I enjoy getting a whiff of it throughout my day (whether home or at work).

Depends, my skin is really dry so I use aftershave and after that oil and vaselin based baby cream that's unscented, it preserves the scent of cream/soap/aftershave.

Haven’t used aftershave for about 20 years - (much prefer a cream / post shave healer with no scent)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still probably a newb but so far i tend to use it after every shave. I enjoy the feeling and scent, plus the AS helps gauge the quality of my shave! Can’t wait to try something like snakebite... Recently i started using kiehls face fuel moisturizer after applying aftershave to keep from drying out

Since I have a bunch of aftershave colognes, I HAVE to use them to justify purchasing them.
Since the pandemic I enjoy a different one every shave

I don’t feel the shave is complete without the splash of aftershave. If I’m going to be around people, I use captains choice lime with some menthol crystals added since the scent fades quickly. If I’m just going to be at home I use a PAA AS/cologne (I really like them but they are so strongly scented I don’t want the scent to annoy people who have to be around me.)

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Sometimes yes, sometimes no . . . now that I've taken to using a balm. But when I do use an AS, it's usually a WH based homebrew with just enough frag added (usually 4711 or Pinaud Lime Sec) to kill the WH stink, plus some glycerin and jojoba.

(I choose 4711 and Lime Sec as they are fleeting, and don't conflict with the day's frag.)

Also, every once in a while, I'll use AV Musk or Clubman SR--but not as a rule.

Top Bottom